《III》

"GRYFFINDOR!"

In an instant, the students in the said house table burst into very, very loud cheers and applause as soon as the Sorting Hat announced the little girl's placement in their house. They were absolutely elated; who would not? They got not only the Boy who Lived but also the Girl who Lived sorted into their house. So elated to point that some students even stood up on their benches to get a better look at her.

The other houses, however, had mixed reactions to Liliana's sorting into Gryffindor, yet some of them could not help but groan in frustration.

The Ravenclaw table looked slightly disappointed; they had been hoping to welcome someone with Liliana's wiseness and wit -- like what the Sorting Hat said -- into their ranks. Nevertheless, they immediately regained their composure and politely clapped along with the Gryffindors.

The Hufflepuff table appeared to be unfazed by the sorting as they were simply clapping along as if nothing had happened. While they may have been happy to have Liliana in their house, they would not lie that they had hoped Liliana to be part of them as well. Yet -- they were also content to let her find her own path.

The Slytherin table, on the other hand, looked visibly displeased. They had expected to claim Liliana for their own. They believed that her cunning and resourcefulness trait -- like what the Sorting Hat said -- would make her an ideal member of their house.

Several students of each house that did not get Liliana into theirs whispered among themselves, wondering what had gone wrong as well as why the Sorting Hat had not placed her among them. They would be lying if they said that they were not expecting the little girl to be placed because she had already earned their affections even though she did nothing.

With Liliana, she was relieved that the hat eventually made its decision. Murmuring a "Thank you, Mr. Hat" to it, she descended from the stool, took off the hat, and placed it on the stool. She then ushered her animal companion to follow her, which he did, and she was going to make her way towards the Gryffindor table when something unexpected happened.

"AND SLYTHERIN!" The hat shouted again, making the hall quiet down.

Liliana halted in her tracks as she widened her eyes in shock, and everyone stared at her since they were unsure of what to make of the situation.

The Gryffindors appeared to be confused and quite disappointed, wondering why she was being sorted into Slytherin when it seemed like she was a perfect fit for their house. Whereas, the Slytherins were ecstatic -- and they were cheering along with clapping rather loudly.

The Ravenclaws looked intrigued and they pondered what qualities she possessed that made her suitable for both houses. The Hufflepuffs appeared to be accepting because they knew that everyone had their own unique qualities, which meant the little girl could belong in more than one house.

Whirling her head to look back at the hat that seemed to be scrutinizing her, Liliana gaped at it. She turned to look at Professor McGonagall in hope for an explanation. The woman appeared to be just as confused as she was before she told the Slytherins to be silent. Liliana furrowed her eyebrows in worry as well as a bit of panic as she scanned at the teacher's table to search for an answer -- however, she still got none.

Light blue eyes shifted back to focus on the Sorting Hat back, the owner of the eyes deciding to question it in an immediate way.