《IV》

At the sound of her Flying teacher's voice, Liliana tilted her head up to see the woman nearing her and the other students to teach them back again in advance of the time she released a sigh once again and made her way to where she was originally lining up with her friends earlier. What she did not notice was the contortion expression on Draco's face as soon as he had heard her answer and seen her saddened look. He later clicked his tongue as he followed right behind her, his cold grey coloured irises kept straying on the youngest student's figure whilst his expression remained unreadable.

Draco's mind, on the other hand, was filled with a mix of frustration and conflicting emotions. He had expected Liliana to praise his performance and -- at least -- show some admiration for his abilities. Her response, however, had caught him off guard. He could not deny the disappointment that flickered in his eyes even though he quickly masked it with an indifferent expression.

With the churning conflicted emotions he felt, Draco followed suit and positioned himself with the other Slytherins, ready to resume the lesson.

Meanwhile with a certain round rimmed glasses wearing boy, he was walking numbly in Professor McGonagall's wake as she strode toward the castle. Negative thoughts were spinning in his head; he believed that he was going to be expelled, he just knew it. As much as he wanted to say something to defend himself, there seemed to be something wrong with his voice.

Professor McGonagall was sweeping along without even looking at him; he had to jog to keep up. Now he had done it. He had not even lasted two weeks. He would be packing his bags in ten minutes. What would the Dursleys say when he turned up on the doorstep?

Up the front steps, up the marble staircase inside, and still Professor McGonagall did not say a word to him. She wrenched open doors and marched along corridors with Harry trotting miserably behind her.

Maybe she was taking him to Professor Dumbledore. He thought of Hagrid, who was expelled but allowed to stay on as gamekeeper. Perhaps he could be Hagrid's assistant. His stomach twisted as he imagined it, watching Ron and the others become wizards along with a certain jet black haired girl while he stumped around the grounds carrying Hagrid's bag.

Ah, Liliana. Her name resonated within him, evoking the peculiar sensation that he had been struggling to comprehend. Again, it was a feeling he had never experienced before, foreign yet strangely captivating. The question he asked himself earlier resurfaced in his mind, echoing louder than ever: Is this love?

Something deep within Harry told him that it was love, an emotion he had longed for and yearned to embrace. Thinking of Liliana brought a warmth to his chest, his cheeks flushing and his heart racing in response, affirming the truth more. He remembered her radiant smile, her infectious laughter, and every moment they had shared.

It became clear to him that what he was experiencing was indeed love -- a feeling he would never waste or ignore, a feeling he would always treasure.

Forever.

However... why did it have to happen now, in the face of impending expulsion?

Harry berated himself, feeling a pang of regret for not heeding Liliana's advice. If only he had listened, perhaps he could have avoided this predicament altogether. He could not bear the thought of leaving her alone with others since he never knew that there would be danger lurking in the shadows. The need to protect her burned fiercely within him, which urged him to find a way to remain by her side.