Together

The meeting was a lot more intense than they had all hoped it would be

"But why?" Yoongi asked. "This doesn't make sense. Why would you go trekking to the middle of nowhere? You don't even know where he lives!"

"Why would you go out in public like that? That is like the definition of stupidity," Hoseok said.

Taehyung sighed.

Jungkook exchanged a look with Namjoon.

"What do you even have to say?" Yoongi asked. "Do you think you're some kind of hero, saving the day? Get it into your heads, dumbasses, nothing you do will ever change what happened."

"None of us are trying to change anything," Jimin said slowly. His voice was quiet, as if it could soak up all the pain in the room. "We're just trying to provide some closure for ourselves."

"There is no point," Yoongi said. He was close to breaking down - the waver in his voice pointed it out. Namjoon settled next to him and latched onto his hand. Yoongi held it tightly.

Hoseok sat in the corner, his face a muddled frown. Jungkook could see tears gathering in his eyes.

"Listen to me," Jimin said. "You don't have to take part in this. It's just... we all think there was something fishy and we want justice."

"You don't even have to like the idea. Just... don't make a scene," Jungkook said.

"I never make a scene," Yoongi snapped.

"Yes, well, just don't get mad."

Yoongi nodded.

"It's fine," Hoseok suddenly said, surprising everyone. "What else do we have to lose? Do whatever you want."

"What do you mean?" Yoongi asked.

"The worst thing that could possibly happen... already happened. So what's the worst thing that could happen now?"

"We could lose somebody else?"

"No," Namjoon said. "That won't happen."

"How are you so sure of that? What if Dang Seung, I don't know, has new tricks up his sleeve? What if he has people who can track you guys down and hurt you? Have you thought of that, idiot? No, of course, you haven't. You just jumped into this thinking that nothing bad could possibly happen to you." Yoongi's face was red when he finished.

"Never cause a scene, my ass," Taehyung muttered his breath.

Yoongi glared at him.

"Okay guys, you know what?"

"Huh?" Taehyung looked up at Namjoon.

Namjoon nodded. "Listen up. Yoongi hyung, stay out of this then. We won't get hurt. We'll be careful. You forget that if we're together, there is a smaller chance that something bad will happen to us. Safety in numbers, remember? Hoseok, are you in?"

"In what?"

"Like in this whole, find the people who were connected and show them hell business?"

Hoseok shrugged. "I won't go with you guys anywhere, but if there's anything that can be done from home, I can help with that."

Jungkook got an idea. Instead of going to Gyeyang-gu again, he wondered if he could find something online. There might be archives that he could find. Now that he had an idea as to what the neighbourhood looked like, he could use whatever resourches he had to his disposal. And maybe Hoseok could help him. He was an expert social media stalker.

"Could you help me sort through the archives then?" Jungkook asked. "Hoseok hyung?"

"Huh?"

"I need to find where Dang Seung lived and then where he moved to. Maybe we can track him down then."

"Okay."

Jungkook worried that Yoongi would be upset all over again, but he just stayed quiet. He looked like he had run out of things to say now.

--------

"There is nobody at Gyeyang-gu called Dang Seung." Hoseok said. He had spent the last half hour scrolling through building records, real estate websites and directories.

"Unless there's a page that's missing." Jimin said.

"Or maybe," Namjoon said. "He doesn't go by Dang Seung anymore."

Taehyung's eyes widened. There was that possibility.

Jungkook sighed. "Why don't we go back there and ask that person who lived there if she knows anything else? She was the only one who had even heard who we were talking about."

"Good idea." Jimin nodded. "She might've remembered something and she can tell us now."