Chapter 3

Y/N was stunned by the airport encounter, but she shook it off as a strange coincidence and headed to her apartment.

At least, she told herself she'd shaken it off.

In truth she couldn't get the encounter out of her mind.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Only a week later Y/N was working full-time at the aquarium of her dreams.

She checked her list of duties for the 2:30 feeding and saw the Dolphin tank on the bottom of the checklist.

Smiling sadly, she thought of Flipper, her first dolphin.

True he'd never belonged to her, but he'd been so special, and she'd spent so long training him. She was going to miss him a lot.

Y/N grabbed the food she needed from storage and headed to the Dolphins.

As she got ready to enter the tank, she heard a familiar chirping.

No.

Way.

She turned and sure enough... There was Flipper.

"Hey there little guy, how did you get here?"

Flipper grinned at her mischievously as he let out a series of cheerful sounds that made Y/N smile.

"Well I'm glad to see you too Flipper."

Y/N finished donning her suit and entered the tank, giving the folks at the aquarium a show as she fed the members of the dolphin tank, including her own beloved Flipper. She made a mental note to ask her old supervisor about Flipper.

The little dolphin had already been accepted into the tank's "pod", which Y/N was not surprised by. What did surprise her was how they accepted her because of Flipper.

The cute little guy was constantly swimming circles around her, bumping her cheerfully, whistling and clicking to her and to the other dolphins in the pod.

And the others would join in, eager to meet their new friend's playmate.

It was incredible.

Y/N hated getting out of the tank, but she knew she had to.

She said goodbye to Flipper and his new friends and finished work for the day before she headed home.

On the way, she grabbed some take-out from her new favorite restaurant, a popular Chinese place. The Sesame Chicken and Lo Mein were to die for! And the Spring Rolls... Just wow!

Now resting happily on the couch of her new but sparcely furnished apartment, Y/N enjoyed her meal while she waited for a good time to ask about Flipper.

She finished rather quickly, reflecting on how lovely it was to have a job that covered all of her bills without working another job's worth of overtime.

The clock told her it was still to early to text anyone in her home town, so she decided a shower was in order. While she loved the smell of the aquarium, she did not enjoy the clammy feeling left from sweating herself half to death at work.

Ok so she hadn't sweat all that much. So what? She could exaggerate a little. And Y/N knew for certain that she wanted a good, hot shower anyways.

Humming to herself, something she hadn't done in years, she ruminated over the strange airport encounter that had introduced her to Korea. Who had that man been, with his sparkling eyes and his vague, ocean-esque scent?