Chapter 11: Darkness

"Burgess!...Kim!....Are you alright?!", I can faintly hear Adam's voice in my earpiece.

I grunt and try to move, but I can't. There'a lot of weight on my body. OH MY, WHAT IS THAT PAIN!. I feel the weight above me being moved as Voight as yelling my name.

"Kim, can you hear me? Are you okay?" He asks. His face is full of concern, Kev has the same scared look on his face. I try to make a noise, but everything hurts. I can feel something wet on my pants, but I can't seem to find the energy to move my head to look at is. I can hear someone panting in my earpiece and it is driving me crazy!

"Earpiece, take it out. Please" I manage to say. Kev reaches down and pulls out and I get a little bit of relief. I notice that Voight walked away and looks like he is radioing for an ambo. That is when I finally realize, I have been shot.

"My leg! My leg!," I scream and go to clutch my right leg. Kevin grabs my hands to stop me from doing so.

"Don't touch it, Burgess, I have a tourniquet on it. I don't want you to mess it up. The ambulance is on the way and they will get you to med as soon as possible.", he explains.

"Kim!," I hear Adam yell. Voight grabs his arm at the doorway.

"Listen to me, Adam. She is okay. She got shot in the thigh. There's blood, but I have seen worse. It took her a bit to register what happened, I think she might have hit her head as she fell. She is okay Adam," I hear Voight explain.

I feel Adam grab my hand as the rest of the team makes their way into the room.

"I already called Will, he's on standby waiting on her to arrive. The paramedics just arrived," Jay says.

The paramedics put leads on my chest and ask me a million questions while they are working on packing the wound. They finally get me down the stairs and outside and loading me into the ambulance.

"Go with her Adam,we'll be right behind you guys," Voight says to Adam. He turns to Jay and Hailey,"I want that ambulance escorted now." They nod and jump in their cars. Rojas drives Kevin, she leads the ambulance while Jay follows it. Lights and sirens are blaring and I can tell we are going faster than we normally would. Adam has barely let go of my hand and I wish I could talk, I'm just so tired. That's my thought when everything goes black again and I can no longer feel Adam's hand. All I see is darkness.