12

"Jennie" he repeated keeping his eyes glued on me

"Jennie" he repeated keeping his eyes glued on me. "Lovely name. Where are you from?" His father asked. "Florida sir" I answered before a chuckle erupted in the room. "No no dear, there is no need for such formality. Call me Mr Pierce instead if you find it hard" he said still chuckling.

Firstly, this is not as joyous a moment as you expect it to be and secondly, please get a grasp on the hints I'm sending. If I'm from Florida, ask why I came all the way here!

Wait ! Pierce, where did I know that name from? "So, how about we have some breakfast then we get down to business?" Mr Pierce asked and his son nodded. Business?

'Good' he muttered before I was led to the dining room table. With each room I stepped into, I couldn't help but fall in love with the house. It was beautiful! Which was further reason to despise this rich kidnapper!

But the food was even more beautiful than that! There was a big buffet awaiting us when we sat. I, of course, was forcefully grabbed and placed next to my kidnaper making it much more awkward for me.

The buffet had all kinds of breakfast foods and it only then occurred to me that my goodies had been left at home, unaccompanied. Poor things. "Well, dig in," They said and I did. Although sceptically. I knew that I wasn't going to be poisoned because we were all eating the same food. Unfortunately, the hunger got to me and I began eating freely. At least no one was looking at me.

I placed a croissant in my plate then ate it and did the same with the pancakes and cookies. When I was full, I sipped on my tea and watched as father and son spoke about an airline business that was apparently skyrocketing. It seemed interesting so I listened in.

"Ah, Felix my boy. I think it's about time we headed to your study" Mr Pierce said. I decided to excuse myself and go to the kitchen where I was supposedly asking about the lunch menu for today. The second I got in there, I tried the brownies that had been sitting there, playing hard to get.

I devoured them like an animal and freaked out when I heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen. I grabbed a paper towel and wiped myself super quickly before launching it in the bin and placing myself on a stool by the island. I was satisfied with today's meal.

"It was good to see you dad. Until next time" Felix said. I looked to see them both with with serious expressions. "Likewise son," Mr Pierce said before leaving. Felix didn't seem to be half bothered about this and he began to walk away when I called. I should have let him go and snuck out!

I still couldn't believe that within a day, I found out my kidnapper's name and supposedly how my new fiance looked as well as having been given the chance to see the house and eat a proper meal and not just soup. It was nice. However, I still wanted to escape. At least now I had a small draft of the architectural foundation and would be able to navigate a bit easier.

"I'll take you to your room," he said and instead of complaining, I complied. When I was in my room I sat on the bed looking into Felix's eyes. "You are going to find a way to break this fake relationship right? You won't actually let it happen will you?......... Because I won't " I said firmly. I had allowed myself to be pushed around but not anymore. I needed answers and I needed them now.

"You are funny. This 'fake relationship ' will proceed up until one of us dies" he said to me.

"No, you wouldn't! Did you kidnap me for marriage? That's idiotic! I will not get married to you because I have a life....a real one, that I absolutely adore! " I yelled at him.

"Oh but I would. Listen this is the reason you were brought here anyway so," he said now stepping in the room and closing the door.

"What? So why torture me first?" I asked feeling annoyed. He did all that just for this?

"I knew you wouldn't agree, no one would. So I found a way to persuade you into it " he confessed. No!

"So i am really getting married to you? I refuse," I asked shocked.

" Yes, now is that all?" He asked probably wanting to leave this room.

"You can't do that! That's taking away all the joy of finding a good guy to love for al -'' he cut me off. "There is nothing fun about love, trust me. Now can i-" I cut him off too. He can't just do this.

"You are a liar! You don't understand, you are taking everything away from me! My whole life, gone all for your pride?" I snapped at him.

"Last time I checked I didn't restrict you from calling your family and friends " he said.

What an actual idiot. Calling? Really? I'm not asking for him to pay the phone bill, I'm asking to be released!

"Calling isn't good enough!" I yelled.

"Well it will have to be because there is no way I am letting you fly back there when I know that you will run away and never come back " he said also getting mad.

Fly back?

" You shipped me here! And who gave you permission?! " I yelled again. This man was pushing past his limits. He shouldn't have done that. "Didn't need any. Now I need you to understand something. We are getting married . I don't care if you were in love with a dog! You will stay here, with me" He said coming up close to me, venom slipping out into every word he said.

"Never! You can torture me all you want, but I will not do this" I said standing up and staring up at him , trying to look as intimidating as I could. I glared at him for a couple more minutes until he answered, "This is a waste of time. What I said is final, remember that " he said and walked out.

"That's not fair! Its not right! It's uncalled for, you...call it off !" I yelled at the door angry that I had agreed to this in the cell. Why was he so persistently trying to ruin my life!