Chapter 2:

A/N: I honestly don't have a valid excuse for not posting for this long, although my time is mostly taken up by school so...

Beca's P.O.V.

I look up and I see Chloe fucking Beale! From the old a cappella group I was from in college. Looks like she's still with her dickhead boyfriend Tom, that one guy who was with her in the shower. He's such an asshole. I know it sounds like I'm just jealous but I'm not jealous. He doesn't even treat Chloe right. She should be treated like the redhead goddess she is.

"Chlo, are you sure you want that one?" Tom said in his douchebag voice. God, he's so annoying. I was the one who made that nickname for Chloe and he's just throwing it around.

"Can't you see how cute she is babe?"

"Eh, I've seen cuter."

I swear to God I'd kick him in the baby maker if could.

"Stop being such a grinch. Excuse me? Can we see this one?" Chloe asked a volunteer.

The volunteer unlocked my cage and picked me up. He handed me to Chloe. Chloe held me in her arms like a little baby. She's so warm and her touch makes me feel at home...wait what am I even talking about? I'm still a dog and my old friend is about to adopt me.

"Do you have a name for her?" The employee asked.

"Hmm, I'll name her Bella."

Aww, she named me after our old a cappella group. She's just the sweetest thing. She carried me all the way to the car and set me in her lap when we got in. Tom was the one driving and he was had a frown on his face. What's his problem?

"Babe, what's the matter?" Chloe asked.

"Nothing."

We pulled in at Chloe's house and Tom slammed the breaks flinging me off of Chloe's lap and into the dashboard. Damn that hurt. I swear he's doing it on purpose.

"Tom!" Chloe scolded him with a hit to his arm. Ha, that's what he gets.

"What?" He asked like he was so innocent. I don't know if I've already mentioned it like thirteen other times he's been a jerk but, he's a douchebag.

Chloe carried me inside and set me down on the couch. She sat down next to me and Tom sat down next to her.