Chapter 22Dreams Do Come True

Angel still in shock he would ask her to spend the rest of his life with her finally jumped up off the bed and into Allen's arms.

" Yes! Yes! Yes! A Million times yes!" Angel shrieked!

" Took you long enough." Allen joked.

" I was in shock, I wanted to say yes but my brain and mouth wouldn't connect." Angel laughed.

" I could see that, I told you I wanted to do something special for you and show you just how much you mean to me and how proud I am to have you in my life," Allen said taking the ring out of the box and placing it on her left hand.

Angel waved her hand in front of her face glancing at the shimmery rock on it.

" Is it OK?" Allen asked.

" OK? It's perfect." She said with tears in her eyes.

Angel climbed back into pet and patted on Allen's side of the bed motioning him to come join her. He climbed in next to her and cuddled alongside his now fiance and closed her eyes and fell asleep happily in his arms.

Angel and Allen were both off of work for Christmas break so they had a lot of time to spend together as a family and with their daughter. Every moment only made things better and better for them and each time her family would visit they would see just how happy they were and how much of a good person Allen was becoming.

When Angel called her parents to tell them about the engagement they were more than overwhelmed by joy about it. If she was happy and Allen was the man he was proving to be then they fully supported them and the next chapter in their lives.

New Years' Eve Angel's parents agreed to watch Kayla so they could have the night to themselves, they always had their daughter with them when they weren't working so they wanted to give them a break and spend time with their granddaughter.

Angel and Allen spent the night at home, they didn't want or need anyone else except each other, they sat back watching the rocking new years eve show that was on TV and when the count down was ready to begin they grabbed their glasses of wine and toasted to each other and then kissed at the stroke of midnight.

January was a fast month for them when they both returned to their normal schedules at work, both Allen and Angel were now working full time saving what they could, and paying the bills they needed to.

At the deathaversary of Kayla's death Angel visited her grave like she always did, each you year she had so much to tell Kayla and wished so badly she could be here to see every milestone she and her daughter had accomplished, and this time she wasn't alone at the gravesite, she brought Allen with her, and she knew if Kayla was alive yet she would be in shock with how much change he had made to and that they were still together.

Late one February night when they were all sitting at the kitchen table, Allen noticed Angel looking down at her ring and spinning it around on her finger.

" Everything alright Dollface?"Allen asked.

" Everything is fine, why do you ask?" Angel replied.

"You're looking down at your ring and spinning it on your finger like your in deep thought," Allen replied.

" Just thinking about setting a date and planning a wedding," Angel said to him.

" I was going to bring that up to you anyway, was thinking the same thing," Allen said back to her.

" I would like to have an engagement party first, invite my family and some of my friends I made at work," Angel said to him.