Sparkling? | Ratchet X Autobot Reader Pt.2

Your POV.

"I NEEDED THAT!!"

I wake up from my recharge to sudden yelling from the Medbay 'oh no' I thought as I said sat up carefully with sparking Optimus in my servos, still recharging. I quietly walked over to the Medbay and passed Bulkhead (who looked guilty) on my way there. I saw Ratchet with the relic crushed in his servos and he looked really upset. "Hey Ratchet," I said softly, trying not to irritate the medic any further as I walked over to him, still carrying Optimus. He gave me an irritated look for a second before his expression softened "I'm sorry if I woke you Y/n. Bulkhead crushed the relic that made Optimus a sparkling. Clearly, the effects or longer than 24 hours and we really need Optimus right now. I really don't have the time to fix it and decode the other relics at the same time- I don't know what to do Y/n" He said as he looked at the crushed relic in his servos. His expression was one I've never seen on his face, tired and complete defeat.

My spark broke to see him like this, I put my servo on his, while my other was holding Optimus "I can fix it while you decode the rest of the relics, I mean, I hate seeing the one I love so stressed out. I want to help any way I can" I said softly with a warm smile. Then I realized what I just said, my optics widened 'I just told Ratchet that I loved him! What was I thinking!? I mean yes I do love him but Primus, I have no right to tell him that! Especially since we aren't even together! He doesn't even know I like him that way! Well, now he does. Oh, Primus help me' I thought as my faceplates felt like they were on fire and my fans were on high. Ratchets eye widened as he also realized what I said, his expression was pure shock. It looked like his faceplates were heating up 'wait- is he blushing?' It was silent for a moment as we just stared at each other "I- uh- sorry-" I said almost in a whisper as I smiled awkwardly at him "I'll just- go- fix the relic" I said still quiet as I gently took the relic from his servos and walked to my berthroom. Ratchet didn't say a word nor did he move as I left 'Oh Primus, I messed up so bad! I can only imagine what he is thinking right now- why did I do that?-' I thought as I sat down on my berth and I set the relic beside me. Optimus has woke up from his long recharge and was looking at me while I covered part of my face with my servo. He could tell I was upset and reached for my face. I looked at him, he was so adorable as he wanted to comfort me "Oh, you're a sweetspark" I whispered with a smile as I hugged him gently to my chest plate and kissed his helm.

Ratchet's POV.

"I can fix it while you decode the rest of the relics, I mean, I hate seeing the one I love so stressed out. I want to help any way I can," Y/n said with a warm smile. My optics widened 'did she just- say she loved me?' I saw Y/n blush heavily and I could hear her fans going on high 'Oh primus- she's so adorable when she's flustered" I was so shocked and flustered that I just stared at her, not knowing what to say or do as I felt my faceplates heat up. "I-uh-sorry" she said in a whisper and paused for a moment before continuing "I'll just- go- fix the relic" she said as she gently took it out of my servos and walked away. "Primus-" I said under my breath as I looked in the direction she left, still in awe. "She's so into you dude!" I suddenly hear Miko say from behind me. I jump at the sudden voice and turned around "How much did you hear?" I asked a little panicked. She smiled "All of it, you two would be so cute together!! You gotta tell her! I mean, she basically just confessed that she loved you!" I stared at her, even more, conflicted then I was before "I don't know Miko- what if she didn't mean it that way? or-" "She loves you Ratchet, just tell her how you feel" Suddenly Jack comes into the room. I groan, embarrassed and I rub my faceplates with my servo "Does everyone know about this now?". They both looked at each other, then at me "well-" they both started. I groaned before going back to work, trying to ignore what just happened. But I just couldn't stop thinking about what she said, "The one I love". Then I asked myself ' did she really mean it?-'

-Time Skip-

Your POV.

It has been two hours since the whole thing with Ratchet and I was really concentrated on fixing the relic. I thought it would be quiet difficult since it's a relic but it's really only an aging ray so it wasn't as difficult as I originally thought. I had studied and created one myself a long time ago during the war but it was only a beta version and I was never able to fully complete it. I was wiring some connectors when I heard Optimus start to cry a little behind me. I turn around to look at him with worry. He was sitting on my berth looking at me with the saddest eyes. I got up and walk over to him "What's the matter little one?" I asked him softly, His face lit up when I approached him and he reached his small arms towards me, wanting me to pick him up. I smiled and picked him up "I guess I could take a break, it's almost done anyway," I say mostly to myself as I held Optimus in my arms. I decided I should talk to Ratchet, even if I felt he probably disliked me now I feel like I need to apologize again and tell him that the relic is almost fixed.

I walk out of my berthroom and walk towards the Medbay were Ratchet usually is. I walked in to see him decoding another relic location "Hey- Ratchet," I say softly to not to scare the poor medic since it was rather quiet. He turned around towards me and smiled a bit "Hey, Y/n-" He said a bit nervously. I walked up to him "I wanted to tell you that the relic is almost fixed, it would be completed right now but- Optimus needed my attention" I laugh a little as I looked down at the little prime" Yeah I can see that" Ratchet said with a bit of a chuckle. Optimus looking at me and Ratchet with a big smile before reaching out for Ratchet "He wants you" I said with a smile as I handed Optimus to him. Ratchet looked at me then at Optimus for a second before taking him in his servos. "I also wanted to- apologize again for what I said before- I hope I didn't ruin anything between us or something-" I paused for a moment as I looked at him in the optics, his caring, sweet optics. 'I can't do this anymore- I should tell him, at least I'll be able to get it off my chest after trying to hide it for the past few years' I sighed before continuing "Look, Rachet I-" I was stopped by Ratchet taking my servo in his "Y/n, you have nothing to apologize for. I have a confession to make- I have loved you for a long time but I know a beautiful femme like you wouldn't feel the same about me so- I've tried to hide it and accept it. But today I couldn't do it anymore- especially when you said you loved me- I just- need to know if you meant it" He said as he looked at the floor, still holding my servo. I stood there frozen as I stared at him for a moment before I fully realized what happened. I smiled brightly at him and grabbed is face/helm with my servo gently as I made him look at me "Ratchet, I do feel the same way! and I really did mean it- I've loved you for the longest time" I said cheerfully and loudly. Ratchet smiled brightly at me and brought me into a gentle kiss. I kissed him back and Optimus started giggling happily.

Hello! I hope you enjoyed part 2! I really enjoyed writing this one. A new one-shot will be coming soon so look out for that!

Also-sorry if there are any mistakes in the story! I'll try my best to fix them if I see them. ^^"