Introductions Time

Amai sat silently as the whole class waited for their new teacher to arrive. She felt nervous at the thought of having a new teacher all over again. She had just gotten acquainted with Miss Yukimura before she stopped coming to class. Amai still wondered where she had gone. It wasn't like her to just disappear without warning. She combed her fingers through her long, wavy, violet hair to calm herself down.

Amai was interrupted from her thoughts when the door slid open. She looked up with her dark green eyes and was beyond shocked to see what looked like a giant yellow octopus with a large smile and beady eyes enter the room followed by a stern looking man dressed in a grey suit.

The whole class was stunned for a moment at the sight in front of them. They had no idea what to think of the creature that was in front of them.

"Hello!" the creature happily said. "How are you? So, I'm the one who blew up the moon."

The whole class was silent for a moment before letting out a "huh?!".

"Next year I intend to do the same to planet earth," the creature continued completely casually as if he had said something normal. "But never mind that now. I'm going to be your teacher. Isn't that exciting?"

The whole class could not even begin to count the amount of things wrong with what was happening. Amai would have been thinking the same, but she was a little distracted. She took in the creature's appearance with great fascination. She had never seen anything like him before. She had always loved animals especially aquatic ones, so seeing someone who looked like an octopus was intriguing to say the least.

The stern-looking man that was standing next to the creature spoke up. "My name is Karasuma. I'm from the Ministry of Defense. What uh... What I'm about to tell you we in the business call classified." He took in a quick breath. "Aw hell, I'll just come right out with it. I'm gonna need you to kill this thing for the sake of mankind."

"Excuse me," Mimura spoke up. "No offense, is this a joke? 'Cause if that's the alien who blew up the moon-"

"I am an earthly born and bred, thank you very much!" the creature exclaimed flailing his tentacles around.

"I'm not at liberty to discuss the details of this juncture," Karasuma continued. "I'll just say he's telling the truth. His threat is all too real. As of this coming March, he will obliterate the earth. Apart from you, the only people who know this are world leaders. If word of this leaks out to the public, we'll have wide-spread panic on our hands. He must be terminated soon and with extreme prejudice. Which means that you..." Karasuma reached his hand into his coat. "Must become assassins." He pulled out a green knife and tried to strike the creature. However, the creature moved out of the way so fast, all that could be seen of his movement was a blur. "Now, you'll notice he's incredibly fast!" Karasuma continued to try to stab the creature, and the creature kept dodging. The creature suddenly stopped behind Karasuma and started tending to his eyebrows for a moment. "And for some reason, he likes grooming eyebrows!" Karasuma obviously was getting more agitated and swung at the creature again. "You're looking at a being so powerful he can obliterate over half the moon in seconds; so fast, he's been clocked at mach 20. A world where he's allowed to live is a world waiting to be destroyed. Plain and simple."

"He makes it all sound so grim, doesn't he?" the creature said as he put away the eyebrow grooming tools. Cheer up! I've graciously made your government an offer. 'Stop making fools of yourselves trying to kill me' I said. 'And let me teach class 3-E at this illustrious institution."

"We didn't have much of a choice," Karasuma said. We have no idea what his motives are, but we agreed on the condition that none of you students would be harmed in any way. The advantage is twofold. On the one hand, we'll know his whereabouts a good portion of every week day, which is something. On the other, he'll be in close range to thirty people with the means and incentive to kill him."