Baseball Time

Amai had arrived early for school and was walking around the mountain. Sure it was a pain to climb the thing every day, but she had to admit the view and wildlife was beautiful. She smiled looking at the birds flying from branch to branch and the squirrels climbing up and down the trees. Suddenly, she heard a sigh. Amai headed towards the sound to see Koro Sensei sitting on a lawn chair reading a newspaper and sipping on a drink.

"Oh, kon'nichiwa, Koro Sensei!" Amai happily said stepping out into the clearing.

"Oh, hello, Amai," he said after noticing her. "Can you believe it?"

"Huh?" Amai said walking over to him and looking at the newspaper he was holding.

"The moon is all they're talking about in the states, too," Koro Sensei said with a disappointed sigh. "Does no one care about anything else?"

"To be fair, it did leave a huge impact on everyone," Amai said. "But where did you get this paper? It's not in Japanese."

"I picked it up when I was passing through Hawaii," he said as if he had just stopped at a convenience store.

"Amazing," Amai said looking at the paper again. "Is there anything you can't do?"

"I'd love to answer your question," he said. "But first..." He grabbed Amai and they both moved around at mach 20 until they stopped behind two familiar boys.

"Top of the morning to ya!" Koro Sensei cheerfully said as he placed Amai on her feet. Both the boys were looking at him in shock and confusion. "It's usually considered polite to reply."

"Yes, sir. Sorry, sir. Good morning, sir," Nagisa said. "Amai, what did he do?"

"I don't know," Amai said rubbing her head a little. It all happened so fast that I wasn't able to register anything." She felt a little tipsy, and Nagisa caught her before she could fall over. 

"A baseball imbedded with government issued anti-me BBs?" Koro Sensei said while observing the small make-shift weapon. "Creative. Points for choosing a method of delivery quieter than the pop of a standard air rifle. Unfortunately, once airborne, the weapon gave me nothing but time. Ample opportunity, in fact, to organize a defensive maneuver. A quick visit to the equipment room and, ta da, I had, pardon the pun, a handy solution." He held up a baseball mitt with the ball in it. Sugino, Nagisa, and Amai were all shocked by his ability. "Tick tick, children. Graduation will be here before you know it." Green stripes appeared on Koro Sensei's face, and he started walking towards the classroom. "Right then. Homeroom if you would, please."

"Yes, sir," Sugino said sounding depressed. "Damnit. Well, so much for my fastball."

"It was a good throw," Nagisa said trying to cheer him up. It didn't seem to help as he still looked upset.

"Don't let it get to you," Amai said as she stabilized herself. "Koro Sensei is beyond powerful. Arita, himself, could've thrown the ball, and Koro Sensei would still find a way to avoid it."

"I guess," Sugino said sadly as he started to walk towards the E class building.

"He's taking it pretty hard," Amai said as she and Nagisa headed for the building as well. "You think he'll be okay?"

"I'm not sure, but I think he'll be alright," Nagisa said placing a hand on Amai's shoulder. Amai winced, and Nagisa quickly pulled his hand back. "Amai?"

"Oh, don't worry," Amai said waving it off. "I just slipped during the train ride home and hit my shoulder. It's no big deal."

"Okay..." Nagisa said not sounding convinced. He let it slide for the time being, and they all entered the class and took their seats.