Part IV

He looked so peaceful as he slept... I grabbed a light blanket and gently lay it on him. Then proceeded to the lobby to get some coffee. Once I got the cups filled I set them on a table and when I looked up I made eye contact with you almost Immediately. I took a few steps towards you. I opened my mouth to speak but you cut me off. "I'm so sorry" I was taken aback for a moment. "But you were absolutely right. I'm sorry" S " I was still out of line... and it's not just that. I'm sorry for everything. I've lost so many years that I could have had with my best friend because of my selfishness." J " Wanting new things isn't selfish... I was selfish for wanting you all to myself." S " I still left you." J "and I pushed you away." S J "I'm sorry" we both start laughing or crying...a little of both

"We have a lot of catching up to do

"We have a lot of catching up to do." I say pulling you over to a table. "I'll say, let's start with why you have two coffee cups. You raise an eyebrow at me with a smirk. "Uhh no... how about why you are here. You were never an MMA fan in high school... what complicated relationship did you get yourself into now?" I ask smiling, knowing that my assumption was on point. "What makes you think that it's complicated? You ask "I have a nose for these things. You know that." S "Yeah Yeah whatever." J "So, who's the guy? What makes him so special?" S " I don't know...he was different, he stood out from the rest of the entire city. I couldn't put my finger on it but there was a reason. Everything about him was perfect to me. He gives me butterflies just by looking at me and he's the first thing on my mind when I wake up and the last thing when I fall asleep." J " part of me wants to say how cheesy that is..but it makes happy to see you this way." We laugh "What did you say his name was?" "I didn't, it's uh Brenden, Brenden Conlon." J "oh my gosh...." S "what??" J "I think he's my friend's brother." S "No-no, I don't think-.....oh my gosh! You spent the night with Tommy?!" My face turned red "would you shut up... it's not like that. S " you came down to get him breakfast Jax." J " Coffee...it's just coffee." S " ugh! I'm gonna choose to believe you... but you have to promise me that you'll tell me if anything happens."  J " I promise." I laughed S "pinky toe swear..." I take my shoe off and you do too. Then we put our feet together and locked our pinky toes.  J " So, the tournament starts tomorrow but I was wondering if you might want to get a beer later?" S "that would be awesome." J "okay I have to get this coffee to Tommy but I'll see you later?" S "definitely." When I get back to the room Tommy is gone.

Announcer #1 Brian
Announcer #2 Sam
**
" The roof is about to blow clean off Boardwalk Hall Arena! It might be Fourth of July weekend but this is Christmas Eve for fight fans! This is Atlantic City! This is the war on the shore, and THIS is what everyone has been waiting for! Sixteen of the Baddest men and women on the planet duking it out over a 24-hour period for the largest purse in mixed martial arts history! In the town everyone knows from the game of Monopoly, we've got ourselves a winner take all affair! Buckle your seatbelts, roll the dice, and take a riiide on the Reading! SPARTA Is Here!
Welcome, I'm Brian Callen, along with best selling fight author Sam Sheridan. Sam, when AJ Riley conceived Sparta, he wanted to create, quite simply, the biggest mixed marital arts Spectacle in history." "$5 million, Brian. $5 million. AJ Riley put his money where his mouth is, and put up the biggest purse the sport has ever seen" "It's unprecedented, Sam. As is the hoopla, surrounding one Tommy Riordan, the war hero. Who has become an overnight sensation and captured the imagination and and attention of the media. As well as his well as his odd relationship will fellow Marine and fighter Jacqueline Redfeild. From what we can tell....