22: Caught in the Family Drama

Warning: Quite long but please read for your peace of mind.

•••

Sorry to spoil this but it's confusing many readers. The part where (Y/N)'s pov mistakenly thought of Alluka's gender was because this story is head-canon and not the reader who have read HxH wiki.

The character had no time to understand all information because the plot was moving so fast to absorb everything and this is centered to Adultrio, not the children's lives.

I've explained this on comment section but it seems like no one is reading those so I'll post this again:

Y/N's just passing through and hasn't heard of Alluka's gender because when she met Kalluto, she thought the kid was a girl through her hair and outfit; however, Illumi addressed him as his brother.

Now, since Alluka looks and has a voice of a girl, she assumed it that way, however, when the butler mentioned Master, she eventually thought she made a mistake again is now assuming she was a boy; because of same concept with Kalluto's physical attributes.

This probably became confusing because those readers were used to fanfics that usually interact everyday with these characters and I understand that. I'm very grateful to mystery_girl509 for all your sweet and encouraging words and support. I appreciate that a lot because I'm not a native English speaker so I have trouble on explaining many things.

NLC

•••

Please read slowly. This is a time jump but there's an explanation right at the middle.

August 6th
Thursday
10:12 am

"Oof!" I grunted and grab ahold of the door handle to keep myself from flying outside the car window after we got hit by a speeding car and container truck on a mountain trail. A couple of cars chased us on the mountainside and I was impressed at how Kanaria—of all people—managed to get rid of those persistent cars chasing us in an uneven ground.

"Master Killua! Don't let go of Master Alluka!" Gotoh suddenly yelled while everyone else were busy bracing themselves from falling due to the gravity pull.

"Yeah I got her!" Killua replied with determination on his side, hugging his little brother which I previously thought was a girl.

"If you two are a more than a meter apart, Amane will capture Master Alluka and Tsubone will take you home by force!" Gotoh continued to lecture him while the car we are riding on shoot up in the air and briskly landed over a higher level road, ramming onto a log-carrier truck, causing the car to stand on it's bumper.

"HOLY SHIIITTT!!!"

I screamed my lungs out when a couple of thick, red metal bars literally stabbed the top of the car upon the impact. Fortunately, I, alongside with Illumi's siblings and three bįtches—I mean butlers, miraculously dodged all of those solid constructional steelwork that occupied most of the cramped space.

Much to my dismay, the only shirt I have had gotten ripped underneath my left armpit. I mentally cursed Illumi because clearly, he was the reason for this mess after picking a fight with Killua on a phone call.

*
*
*
A FEW HOURS EARLIER...
*
*
*

I was just walking with that intimidating butler towards the Butlers' office after he explained my existence to his subordinate. "My apologies. She is one of the servants who guards a certain post and she hasn't been informed about you."

"It's fine. Illumi did warn me about the consequences of leaving the safe zone."

"You should have listened." He sounded calm but his expression is terribly pissed.

I scoffed. "If he only brought everything I need my feet would've grown roots in that treehouse by now."

"Master Illumi called and told me to bring you to the Butlers' manor for the meantime."

Finally! My heart was rejoicing but my head is confused on why the sudden change of heart. So I spoke my mind. "What a miracle. What did he eat?"

"He's on an important mission. That's all I can say. Please follow me." The guy lead the way towards the narrow rough path to the east.

Mission? I was about to inquire about the details but I changed my mind even though I'm itching to know more. It's probably better to have less information since I'm not going to live here anyway.

Approximately an hour later, I had a peek of a magnificent manor not far from our position. It looked a bit old in terms of the design but was well-maintained.

My lips stretched into a wide smile upon imagining a bathtub filled with warm water and fluffy bed. A wide private room just for me and amenities a special guest deserved. Yet that imagination went crushing down once he got a call from his mobile phone.

"Yes madame. You can count on me to keep him safe." Glasses guy promised to the person behind the line. I had no choice but to accompany him back to the gates because every other guard are busy and he couldn't afford to lose sight of me.

I could've escaped that time. Even I wasn't sure why I tread his heels all the way down to the main entrance. Probably because of pure curiosity. Well at least my clothes got dried up in the process. As soon as that butler opened the wooden door on the corner, I took a quick rest to catch my breath while keeping my fingers clamped on the wooden door jamb.

That's the time I was first introduced to the Zoldyck kids and the other butlers. I am pleasantly surprised by the short interaction we had, thinking the younger generation would add more stress in my well-being.

Luckily, aside from being blunt at times, the silver-haired boy named Killua and the long, raven-haired sister were actually nice and approachable. Of course my presence isn't welcomed by the majority of the people involved.

That giant elder butler came out of nowhere and reprimanded Gotoh in a dangerous tone. "What are you even thinking Gotoh? Bringing that outsider into this. She's heard too much. Eliminate her now."

"I can't. Not right now."

"And why is that?" She clenched her jaws and glared at me from head to foot.

"She is Master Illumi's client and I believe we may have a use for her in the future." Gotoh replied confidently.

The smile on my lips faded as I frowned at him. The nerve of this jerk. My mind instantly ran different scenarios on what to do and where to go but a sweet voice cut everyone's attention including mine.

"Tsubone~ give me your fingernail."

My eyes widened at her. The girl looked like her action was normal in this household. And as if the request wasn't weird enough, the elder servant actually handed her a freshly plucked nail—including the blood—then instantly disappeared right after.

That's so weird. The hell's wrong with this family?