29: Punisher

Chrollo Pov

"Where do you think you're going?" I swiftly leaned my back at the only passage to block (Y/N) from escaping.

"Let me go! Chrollo this is madness!" She tried to wriggle her arms off but I won't let that happen. Instead, I dragged her into a leather heavy-duty suspension equipment cuffs and locked her wrists in place. "Stop it! For your information I didn't team up with Hisoka!"

Her response just screams guilty to me. In normal circumstances, I would've already kįlled people using Indoor Fish but I don't understand why I'm even dealing with her in such a meticulous manner.

"Really? Then why did you showed up at the Arena?" I uttered with a bit of sarcasm while looking straight into her worried eyes. "Aren't you supposed to stay at the Zoldycks?"

"I..." (Y/N) paused as if she's processing lies to fool me so I cut her immediately.

"Illumi told me you left the property while purposely taking advantage of the Family Affairs." Chrollo sighed in frustration. "And because I instructed him to give you partial freedom, I have no authority to blame him for your actions."

"That liar..." I gritted my teeth in anger, "FYI, I did not escape. I got dragged onto their freaking problems when the butlers decided to bring me out, not keep me in. I almost died Chrollo! Because that stupid overgrown pincushion kept trying to kįll his own brothers!"

Hmm. Fair enough.

"I see. So you mean to say, this photos of you leaving the property were all fake?"

"Huh? What photos?"

I scoffed and showed her the snapshots of her running towards the woods all by herself and picking a fight with the territorial butler.

"That's—"

"Don't take me as a fool (Y/N). I saved you that day in the shore and this is how you repay me?" I leisurely head to the glass counter and pulled something from one of it's drawers.

"Yes, and I'm grateful for it but you are totally wrong for accusing me of betrayal!"

"Showing up in the ring is enough evidence you sided with him. You tried to distract me and it almost cost me my own life. I don't need any of your excuses." I simply replied and wrapped her fierce eyes using a black leather blindfold.

"I don't even have an ounce of idea what you're talking about..." her voice toned down and croaked at the end. "Please don't force me to retaliate. I don't want to hurt you..."

I looked at her in surprise. (Y/N) was nipping her lower lip as if she's holding back and it amused me in some way.

"Are you seriously threatening me (Y/N)?" I lifted her chin up and watched her lips tremble as I lightly touched their exterior.

"Of course... not..." (Y/N) mumbled under her breath. She seemed to have trouble speaking and it could only mean one thing.

"Stop!" I quickly grabbed her chin once I've noticed thick crystals gradually forming all over her lower body and progressively going higher. I instantly kissed (Y/N) to prevent her from hiding inside that impenetrable layer of rock, then ripped her disgusting outfit yet she won't quit. "Don't think you can get away with this. I shall dump you at the deepest corner of the ocean even if you do."

"Better than being with you."

I choked on my reply. The slight twinge in my chest got me confused for a minute but I swiftly brushed the thought out of my head, thinking I only care because she's also a part of the Spiders.

"Y/N... I—"

The vibrating mobile phone in my coat's pocket interrupted my attempt to step closer and I could never be more thankful at the timing. Right before I lose my dignity as a leader. "Hello Shalnark. I was about to call you."

"Boss, how are you? Are things going on smoothly?"

"Yeah." I averted my eyes to (Y/N) and the crystal has already expanded up to her chest. "Everything is going as planned. The Kakin Royal Family are inviting civilian passengers. We can just sneak past the guards at the Port and rob some tickets to get inside the Blue Whale Ship that they will personally use to sail towards the Dark Continent." I smirked at (Y/N)'s ren which has abruptly stopped till it got dismissed completely.

"Alright. I'll inform the others of our rendezvous."

"Be sure to bring everyone. We need two groups to execute the mission."

"Yes Boss! Leave the rest to me."

"Okay. I'm counting on you." I spoke in a gentler tone upon hearing my right hand man's enthusiasm at the other end of the line.

"Chrollo." (Y/N) spoke softly but firmly, "you're not planning to send me back there... do you?"

"Yes and No."

"Aah...fuçk, Here we go again..." she forcefully huffed an exhausted breath. "Stop beating around the bush. Boss."

"Yes, you shall go back to your homeland to help us find the way around the complex shape of Lake Mobius if we weren't lucky enough to leave the ship in time."

"Huh? Then what about the other option?"

"This." I quickly blocked her mouth from talking by using a silky-black handkerchief and used a set of medium-sized set of ropes to refrain any unnecessary movements from her every limb.

A/N:

Thank you for your continued patronage. I appreciate all your feedbacks no matter what platform because I rarely receive those due to the boring or complicated structure of my stories.

From hereon, spoilers are going to rain like bullets so please refrain from reading till you've finished the original if you don't like getting spoiled.

Note:

The joke about Illumi originated from a former reader before this book was taken down and I couldn't remember the @. If you somehow find this book again, please notify me to give you the full credit.

Goodnight and keep safe everyone!