41: Royal Contract

A/N:

I apologize if I won't follow the exact dates in the manga because I don't want to include all the irrelevant Princes' stories in here or I'll end up like Togashi. ʕ •́؈•̀

*More Spoilers Ahead*

*I've incorporated my ideas along with the canon so not everything mentioned are in the manga.*

*The parts with the Prince's interactions were requested so I apologize if you don't like it. You can just skip but they're still important in the flow of the story.*

Fourth Day Of The Voyage
3:23 pm

Reader Pov

I stared at the gun for a moment and contemplated if this is going to benefit me or just cause more problems in the end. My ass is still too sore to walk, let alone exert more force on my lower body once the Prince's bodyguards finds out that I'm an assassin.

"Did you really think I'd trust someone I've only known for ten minutes?"

"I know. That's why I'm offering you a deposit. Five billion Jenny inside a suitcase in the master's bedroom of my mansion at the Second Tier. It's located in the middle and stand out than the rest. You'll easily know it's mine once you see it." She chuckled and handed me a platinum key card.

"Wait. I haven't agreed on this yet."

"You will, eventually." She grinned. I can't with this redhead. Why is she so confident about this? I'm starting to get annoyed for being pushed to do something I don't want so I'm thinking if I should just refuse her straight away.

"He looks innocent." I turned my head back to the gates and sighed softly. "What did he do to deserve this? Please don't say his siblings want him dęad because they're pissed that he's the most qualified for the throne bullshįt."

"Nothing. He only kills people on whims, collects and displays body parts and the most misogynist man you'll ever meet. He treats women like trash on bed..." she paused for a second, "... and tortures them alive afterwards just because he thinks they are gold diggers when in truth, those poor girls were kidnapped by his men to give him the pleasure to—"

"Enough." I cut her because my chest couldn't take it anymore, "you can keep the gun. I won't be needing that."

"It won't hurt to have something to use in case someone has an ability to put your nen in Zetsu state." She pulled my hand and forced me to grab ahold of a single-action, semi-automatic, magazine-fed, recoil-operated pistol. Just like what I've read in the books at Chrollo's mansion.

Ugh. Why did I even think of him? I should completely delete our past within my stupid memory and leave only the ones that fuel my hatred.

"You will also need this pass for the meantime." Her serious tone derailed my train of thoughts.

"Fine." I slid the weapon at the back of my waist and the card in my pants's side pocket then followed her to the gates. "By the way, why do I have to replace you?" I asked as I showed that special pass to the guard standing inside a cement booth. She remained silent until her pass is recognized and a narrow elevator slowly descended towards us.

"... I had some things to take care of at the lower tiers of the ship. Just let me know as soon as you are done." She then gave me a compact mobile phone just before I stepped on a platform lift. "Here. Use this if you're on a pinch. Just press number 4 and you'll be directed to my number."

"Wait, how did you even know I will do this?" I frowned at her. Such gamble was very unlikely in normal cases. "Don't you have a partner or something?"

"No. I always work alone because it's more convenient."

"And yet you're entrusting this plan to a stranger like me." I didn't mean it but I probably sounded sarcastic.

"(Y/N), I saw what you and your comrades did at the tower." She winked playfully. "To be honest, I have chosen you because I didn't have to deal with the hunters while tapping on their security systems. Although I wouldn't have to resort to this if I didn't receive a command from Prince Tserriednich himself."

"Who are you?" I asked curiously. My mind only processed her first phrase and ignored the rest. Knowing my name is pretty hard since I'm not from this world and I never interacted to anyone else apart from the Spiders. Is reading people's mind her ability? It could be, but then again, I would've sensed any fluctuations on her aura if she used it. I'm having a hard time reading this woman's intentions from her expressions because of her distracting physique.

"Excuse me, Madam. We have to go."

Our conversation got interrupted by the lift's operator. I figured I'll just inquire about the other important stuff later on after reaching the Royal Boat. Truth be told, having a special pass did helped me a lot while traveling. I'm enjoying every minute. I even got to eat in an exclusive restaurant at the Second Tier before I proceeded to where my money is hidden.

My lips fell in awe at the sight of the fancy mansion not far up ahead. I thanked the two guards for giving me a short tour on the First Tier before driving the military vehicle towards the house that no one will be able to keep their eyes off. Particularly if the owner was inside of it.

The design looks like a three-story rectangular house of gigantic and clear glass walls. Every single room is transparent on both sides, even the ones with beds and bathrooms. Every room was accessible except the main door at the first floor and the bathrooms. I can't believe she would want herself look like an animal in captivity where her neighbors can see everything she's doing inside her home.

Dang. How could I sleep in a place like that?