Chapter 2: An Unexpected Run In

(Carmine's POV)
I jolted awake when I heard Shlonky barking. I looked around myself to see my laptop still on my lap. I saw that Shlonky was gone. I heard him barking downstairs. I got up quietly and looked out the window to see almost total darkness.

"Damn kids" I opened my closet and picked up my rifle. I opened a box of ammo and stuffed some in my pocket and loaded my gun. I walked downstairs and saw Shlonky whining at the door. I put my phone in my pocket and got my flashlight out of a drawer by the door. I opened the door and Shlonky walked in front of me.

I locked my door and followed him. I followed him walking on a path towards the forest. Right besides the path was the ocean ramming against the rocks. We were still walking until Shlonky barked and ran into the bushes. He vanished. I sighed.

"Shlonky!" I yelled. I walked into the bushes looking for him.

"Shlonky!" I kept yelling for him. I cocked my rifle then heard something in the bushes. I slightly lifted my gun and got into a stance. Then Shlonky came out with a toy ball in his mouth.

"Jesus Shlonky" I said kneeling down petting him. "Don't run off like that okay?" I said. "

Hello!" a voice said. I quickly turned around and saw it was a girl with blond hair, really white skin, and wearing a suit with a red blazer.

"WHAT THE FUCK!!!" I yelled then slipped and fell back shooting the rifle in the air and fell of the path into the water hitting my side on a rock. I somehow managed to swim to the bay. I took a deep breath of air and slowly crawled onto land.

I coughed up water and laid on my back. Then I heard barking coming closer. Shlonky was running to me and sat down next to me staring down at me. He tilted his head.

"Oh my dad are you ok?!?" The weird girl said. I saw her running towards me.

"Oh what the fuck"  I say as
I quickly sat up and crawl away from her until i hit my back on a rock.

"Stay back!!" i said.

"What? why I just wanna help you" the girl said.

"No stay away! Shlonky, ATTACK!" I exclaimed. Shlonky looked at me and tilted his head. Shlonky didn't see her as a threat.

"Shlonky" I said in a demanding tone while gritted my teeth.
"Look I don't know what the FUCK you are but you need to stay away from me and my dog!" I yelled pulling shlonky to me.

"Look I don't wanna hurt you I just want help you, you obviously got hurt." The girl said. I was holding my side. "I mean if I wanted to hurt you I would've done so already right? So, please let me help and let's talk?" The girl continued.

I stayed silent with wide eyes still. She walked over to me slowly. I backed up with the little space I had. She stopped.

"Please..." she said as she kneeled down in front of me lifting up my wet shirt. I slightly started to blush. As she lifted it up she saw I had a bruise on my side. She slowly put her hand on it and I quietly grunted. She looked up at me and saw I had wide eyes still.

"You have a bruise and cuts on your side. Do you have any ice or a first-aid kit at your house?" She asked. I stayed quiet for a second.