Chapter 18

Author's note: Hey guys, my book is less than a month old and it's already at 3k reads. Thank you all for your giving it a chance and leaving your quality feedbacks ❤️

Ore's POV

I could feel my heart beating erratically, it was almost as if it was going to burst out of my chest. One of Dami's hand was splayed on my butt as he leaned in, his bathed breath hot against my flush cheeks.

Butterflies were fluttering wildly in my stomach at the close contact and my eyes closed for a brief moment. It was as if I was in a dream world. One where I was being rescued from the wicked villian by a dashing prince with a promise of an happy ever after. The prince's blonde hair tousled in the wind and the cold biting his soft skin making his face beet red on his raging chariot. But it was only my imagination, right?

That could never happen in reality. Not with Dami I suppose. It was no secret that he had a reputation of having sex with girls and dumping them by giving flimsy excuses for his corrosive actions. I knew he didn't care if any of his victim's feelings were hurt or if they wanted more out of whatever they got into with him. He was a blithely egoistic guy. Then why was I having something for him?

I thought back to the night I followed Mercy to Zaragoza to collect her phone from her brother. The embarrassment that followed Dami's careless act had left me shell shocked. I never imagined that someone so handsome would be that despicable. He was always impeccably dressed, his shirt neatly tucked into his pressed trouser.

I guessed looks were deceiving. But still, he was here with me. Our bodies molded together as we twirled slowly to the music. He didn't act rude when he saw me walk into the party looking all flustered. He treated me in a gentlemanly way and handled me like a porcelain doll despite his cold hearted nature. That is a start I think?

Perhaps, we both needed time to develop our likeness for each other and put asides our differences if ever there was one on his part. My well manicured nails dug into his shoulder as he began peppering hot kisses down my neck. They were soft, feather light, and slightly grazed my skin, leaving me burned and gasping for more.

I was on my toes, accidentally brushing my gloss against the light stubble on his chin. My breath was coming out in spurts as his eyes trailed from behind me to land on mine. They seemed to gaze deep into my soul and suck the life out of me. I bit my bottom lips while my steps faltered.

In the same instant, Dami was there offering his strong arms for support and pulling me flush against his chest, a concerned look marring his face. We stayed still for some minutes. Neither of us offering to speak a single word to each other. It wasn't needed or so I thought.

I gave Dami a faint smile and relished the warmth of his heated body against my exposed skin. I had never felt something so strong for someone apart from my cute little brother, Michael. If there was one thing I could wish for, it was for this blissful moment of ours to never end.

Little did I know of the impending doom lurking around the corner.

Hip hop music was blaring from the speakers placed at strategic positions in the club and in less than a minute, the circular dance floor was once again crowded with sweaty bodies grinding hard to the beat. I took a huge gulp of the creamy liquid in my glass and smacked my lips together. This was good stuff.

Dami was observing me closely from the rims of his own glass, barely saying a word to me. But by the evil glint that prodded his brown orbs, I knew he wanted me. I was beginning to feel a sizzling electricity buzz from my inner core and I had to adjust my seating position so Dami wouldn't notice.