Author's Note / Story Background

The cover was created by RachelS8766. :)

==========

Lost In Wonderland was inspired by the new Taylor Swift song, Wonderland from her 1989 album. The more I listened to it, the more I was able to connect it to Dean Winchester and a downfall of his potential love life. It was tragic and sad, a result of two people with two different lifestyles that simply could not mix. I literally cannot interpret the song in any other way to not relate to Supernatural now, and so I'm going to write about it and get this out of my system.

At first I was going to make it a short scene, just a fic under 1500 words. But the more I thought about it and the more I tried to plot it out, I realised that it would probably have to be longer since I wanted to capture the full essence of the song and not condensce it to the point of where that is lost.

This story is written in the pre-season six Supernatural universe (as are all of my Supernatural fics), as I'm not a fan of anything that comes after the ending of season five, honestly. The main characters are, obviously, Dean Winchester and you. Originally I was going to have an actual OC, but I didn't really like that idea for some reason so now you get to be the main character. :)

While Taylor Swift was the original inspiration, I've been finding a lot of other songs that can complement the plot just as well, so I'll be putting those songs up along with its corresponding chapter. This is probably going to be my first real long term fanfiction project that thoroughly explores two characters over a period of time, versus in one situation like with my other fic, I'd Rather We Talk.

I hope you enjoy it and please, comment and/or vote if you like it. Comments that have constructive criticism are the best, but I love all comments as long as you're nice! Votes are always a good motivator as well. Thank you so much in advance and enjoy!

-MewJ.