-Chapter Three-

You brought your knees up and hugged them to your chest, glancing over to the left once more to see if a bus was coming. Nothing in sight yet. You pulled out your cellphone to check the time. It's running late, you thought to yourself bitterly. Why am I not surprised?

Thinking back on how you spent that first day together was so long ago. Before you had met him you never would have thought that your life would be an adventure afterwards. Being stuck in that town was the most of your dreams at the time, there wasn't much hope to leave at the rate of your current salary.

That same evening after dining with him at the BlackHaven, the two of you went on a walk around town. You wanted to show him around before the sun went down completely, seeing that he was new to the area and all. You knew that he was an 'undercover' cop, but you recall how you thought it was odd that his questions or line of conversation would always somehow lead back to the town murders and the people involved with them. That and he just seemed to always have had a suspicious glint in his eyes that you would occasionally catch. Now you know why that was, you know his true identity. 

Dean Winchester was a sweetheart. Under his facade of a smooth womaniser, someone who knew how to use his words with the ladies, he was really the nicest person you have ever met. Some people might have said otherwise, but they didn't know him like how you knew him. How you wish you still did. 

You looked over your shoulders and checked the area around you. A part of you wondered why you did that so often. If something was truly lurking in the shadows and was coming to harm you, you had absolutely no idea how to defend yourself. Sure, you had a small bottle of holy water in your dufflebag and some salt, but they probably weren't going to be that effective since you're out in the middle of nowhere all by yourself.

As you were eyeing the darkness, you could have sworn you saw something move. You jumped a little and hugged your legs tightly to your chest. If I don't look, it's not there, you told yourself. Out of sight, out of mind, out of existence. You laid your forehead down on your knees and tried to contain yourself. You repeated Dean's once spoken words of comfort to yourself. You could feel a tight feeling in your chest. God, don't cry, (y/n). Stop it. Now is not the time.

You decided to distract yourself once more with memories. Maybe if you thought of other things it'll distract you from the desolate situation you were currently in.