Danny's Valentine's Card

A/N:

That scene from 10x15 (video above) was hilarious!

Because there was no case today, Danny assumed to have the day off. But then the Five-0 Task Force members received a phone call from their colleague Lou who had something to discuss with them. Therefore Danny had to send the painters, who were currently working in his house, home. They just started the job and Danny thought it was too soon to let them work unsupervised. After he grabbed himself a quick lunch, Danny drove to the Five-0 headquarters. He had barely stepped out of his car, when he heard a familiar voice behind him already.

Danny's POV:

"Danno, I could have offered you a ride, you know," I heard Steve greeting me.

"You know I actually like to drive myself every now and then," I responded and turned around. Then I noticed Steve brought Eddie with him so I petted the happy dog. "You know what this is about?"

"It's about Adam," Steve answered.

"Not this again.." I mumbled and to be seen from Steve's expression, he rather wished he could do something else too.

"I see Eddie missed you at lunch. Painters gotten far yet?" Steve changed the subject.

"Of course not, they'd barely started. And I don't believe Eddie missed me. I bet you gave him my lunch anyway." Eddie gave me a bark, a pretty guilty one if you ask me. "I take that as a yes.. Eddie, I told you to stop eating my stuff, you shouldn't eat everything McGarrett cooks." I gave the dog a little smile before continuing my walk towards the building. I feel like Steve was about to comment on that, but remained silence and instead he bit his lower lip. Why must he do that? Quickly I continued with what I was planning to say. "But I'm satisfied. If I hadn't needed to be at my house today I probably had seen the Valentine's card that got delivered a little before lunch a couple of days later."

"Someone sent you a Valentine's card?" Steve immediately responded.

"Yes, I just said that. Why.." I paused and sighed. What, he thinks I'm joking? "You don't believe someone actually wants to send me a Valentine's card?"

"That's not what I said!" Steve threw his hands in the air. "What did it say? Do you know who sent it?"

"That's none of your business, and no, I don't know who sent it. I was going to spend this afternoon to find that out.." Instead of doing that, here I am about to walk into that building again where at this moment I can't show any enthusiasm for. I just can't stop thinking of that card and I can't stop wondered who sent it to me. Rachel? 'Danny, without you I'm nothing. With you, I'm all. Thank you for being my everything. Happy Valentine's Day! x' No, Rachel wouldn't write something like that! It was one of those standard things to write on a Valentine's card. I knew that because it's one of the first lines to show up when you Google 'Text Valentine's cards'.

"Handwritten or..?"

"Jeez!" Can't he never stop? "Computer written, if you must know. I'm happy that not everyone knows I'm spending more time at your place because if they sent it to your house instead and you had found it, I know you couldn't insist of investigating it!" I spoke loudly while walking through the hall of the building. Steve and Eddie were right behind me.

There we found Lou, Tani and Quinn who all, obviously, already arrived early. We greeted them. "Hi guys, what's up? Tani asked. Assumingly, after hearing the sound of her voice, Eddie ran directly to her. "Oh, you brought Eddie with you! Hello boy!"

"Yeah, I thought it wasn't necessary for him to sit at home alone," Steve answered before he sat up one of his sneaky smiles that mostly meant he was going to say something I knew I wasn't going to like. "You want to know what's up? Oh it's just that.. Danny here received a Valentine's card and is a bit cranky about the fact that he doesn't know who sent it!" I know him too well.

"Oeh, exciting.." Quinn grimed at me while next to her Lou took a deep breath.

"Can we cut to the chase?"

"Right Lou, I hope this doesn't take too long. Because I want to give Rachel a call. I have to find out if she's the one who sent it and besides I don't have a date yet for tonight," I responded.

"Woah!" Steve gestured me a slow down sign. "Are you sure you want to do that? You've already tried getting back with her and it didn't worked out. What makes you think it will now? Do you really want to give your kids false hope again?" Steve paused. This man.. "No, I'm not finished!" he called out when he noticed that Lou rolled his eyes. "And besides, don't you think it's a little soon after what happened the other day?" (A/N: Steve referred to the day when Danny found and lost the woman of his dreams in only a few hours.) "Give yourself a break, man!"

"I can't believe this, I can't believe you!" I started to pace up and down. "I'm not interfering with your love life as well, am I? You have a date planned for tonight right, with Brooke?" I swallowed when Steve nodded. "Even though I hate to see her get hurt by you, do you hear me advise you not to go through with that? Because you don't really have any interest in her or because you don't want to settle down anyway?" I know I'm the one who introduced him to her, but that was before..

I noticed Steve was about to jump into a defensive mode but Lou's huge portion of annoyance hit him earlier. He slammed his fist on the table. "Enough with the.." Lou shook his head. "Adam?"

"Right, we definitely need to have a little conversation about him," Steve responded.

"The way he acted on his own to free Bonnie.. No one can't convince me that he's not working for the Yakuza! It's pretty damn clear to me!" Lou started.

*A/N: Skipping/Fast forwarding this part. Sorry, I'm not deepening into Adam's story too much, I want to focus on McDanno :$*

"Like I told Danny," Steve exchanged looks with me. "I've let him back into the team so I can keep an eye on him. I'm not stupid all right, I know something is going on," he continued. I frown at him. The other day he dragged me to Adam's house and a day later when he was making me breakfast, his behaviour seemed odd to me and when I asked him about the Adam situation, he dismissed the subject. Even Eddie acted more communicative while Steve did a pretty good job in avoiding eye contact with me. Something tells me he knows more about the situation than what he's telling me.. telling us.

"I have some paperwork to do, so if someone still needs me.." Steve interrupted my thoughts. He paused and briefly, he focused his eyes on me. That is if I'm not wrong, I wasn't really paying attention. "..I'm in my office." Then he walked off.

A/N:

What do you think so far? Next chapter will be in Steve's POV.

Don't forget to vote :D.