Steve's Office

A/N:

This is going to be a small chapter. 10x16 airs here tonight and I'm going to wait how that one goes exactly before continuing. Also I read about 10x22 (not seeing spoilers is impossible haha) and I've got a strong feeling that after I have seen the final, I want to write a different story. For now I'm just going to continue this version the way I planned it. It's always possible to start a new McDanno story next month.

Steve's POV:

*Knock knock*

I looked up from my paperwork and when I noticed Tani standing in front of my door, I gestured her to come in.

"Hey boss, what do you think um.. about Adam?" she asked.

"I don't quite know yet, let's not talk about Adam. Heard anything from Junior yet?" I asked but I saw she shook her head already. "If I hadn't made plans with Brooke already, I'd asked you to spend Valentine's day over at my place. I know Eddie had appreciated that." I petted Eddie, who sat next to me. "You know what, why don't you take him with you for today?"

"It's okay Steve, Quinn already said she'd stop by, to hang out, but I'd love to take Eddie with me. Quinn adores him too!" Tani answered.

"Great! Did the others left already? Or..?"

"Lou's still here and I saw Danny on the phone, probably Rachel.." Tani quickly said with an oddly looking smile.

"Oh.. Okay.." It shouldn't bother me, really.

"Steve?" Tani took me out of my thoughts. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, why wouldn't I be?" I shrug.

"Well, you seem preoccupied and I thought you weren't your usual self in the meeting either," Tani explained.

"Oh, my thoughts probably went their way to tonight and Brooke already," I replied with a simple grin.

Tani crossed her arms and looked at me frowning. "Who're you kidding? Yourself? Brooke? She's not the one you want to spend your evening with now is she?" What? Now she sounds like Danny too!

"What, now you're sounding just like Danny!" I spoke my thoughts. "Who else would I want to be with?"

Tani showed me a sneaky smile. "Um.. Danny? Just admit it, you like him!" Woah!

Is it that obvious? "Why would you think that?" I'd really like to know the answer to that question. If she figured that out, who else has? And does Danny know? Perhaps that's why lately he's acting so over-irritated all the time. "And if that was true, what difference would it make? Danny..-"

"You know what to do," Tani interrupted me. "Just tell him how you feel. What have you got to lose?" What about.. him? "Do the right thing!"

Perhaps I already did, or tried. What else am I suppose.. "I don't know Tani, I'm a mess. Especially when it comes to things like this.." I took a deep breath. I should've never let it come it to this.

"Follow your heart Steve, please do.." Tani said to me. She stared at me as I found myself speechless for a moment. I knew she was right. "Look, I'm heading home. You're sure I can take Eddie with me?"

I nodded, still in distance. "Yes, he distracts me from doing the paperwork anyway." I gave Eddie the sign to go with Tani. "And I have an important phone call to make," I added with giving Tani a small smile. "Thank you, Tani."

"Anytime, have fun tonight!" Tani shared before focusing on Eddie. "Come on, Ed!"

With Tani and Eddie out of my sight, I shove the paperwork I couldn't get my head at anyway, aside and grabbed my phone. "Let's do this.."

A/N:

A small second chapter, but there comes more! Don't forget to vote & leave a comment if you like