The Next Morning

When Steve opened his eyes, the first thing that caught his eye was a glimpse of Danny's wary blonde hair. He had his head resting on top of Steve's bare chest. Steve immediately got reminded of last night as flashes started to flow by inside his mind. He smiled and wrapped his arm around the man on top of him. He let his hand slid through Danny's hair and with gently playing Danny's ear, he created a movement from the sleeping guy. Danny was waking up. "Mornin' Jersey," Steve softly spoke.

Danny yawned as he rubbed his eyes. He blinked when he noticed Steve aside of him. "Steve!" Impulsively he did an attempt of raised himself and felt a twinge while doing so. Then carefully, he took a look below the bed sheets and got himself another conformation that it all wasn't just a wet dream. "God.. Last night.."

"I don't have any regrets, Danny," Steve said. He moved himself, softly pinching one of Danny's hands while he helped Danny in a more comfortable position with placing his other hand supportive at Danny's lower back.

"I don't either. But.. What now?"

"We'll figure it out." Steve leaned in on Danny closer and placed a gentle, soft wet kiss on Danny's lips. "I love you, Danno."

"I love you too, babe." He blinked his sleepy eyes and escaped a small yawn again. "Clearly, we didn't do much sleeping last night.." he mumbled while stretching out.

"You know what, we don't have anything planned today so why don't you stay in bed for a little while huh?" Steve chuckled Danny's ear again. "I'm gonna take a quick shower and then I'll make us come coffee and breakfast." He pressed a quick kiss on Danny's forehead before stepping out of the bed.

"Steve, it was you right?" Danny started as he stared a little long to Steve who now was standing naked in front of him, looking at him questioning. "The card? That's why you reacted so upset last night, because you sent it?"

Steve nodded.

"Thank you, you soft cookie," Danny panted softly. "Now go get that shower before I'll drag your pretty ass back into bed again," he said, smiling as Steve gave him a wink on his way out.

After his shower Steve walked pass the room Danny normally had slept in. The door still was half open and Steve's eye caught a glimpse of the card he sent Danny. Steve smiled at the thought that Danny had brought it with him and had given it a nice place on the bedside table. Steve walked in, grabbed the card and while reading his own words again he continued his way to the kitchen.

He left the card on the living room's table and while he went to grab the coffee, he felt his phone vibrate inside his pocket. He grabbed the phone and saw it was Tani who called him. "Hi Tani, how's Eddie?" he spoke after picking up the phone.

"Hey boss, I'm calling you to let you know Junior's landing soon and I'm heading there to pick him up," Tani said. "I can drop off Eddie at your place first if you want?"

"That's great news Tani. No need to drop off Eddie first, he's capable of staying alone at your place for another hour. I'll pick him up after breakfast," Steve answered.

"Thanks McGarrett."

"Thank you too, Tani.. for.." Playfully Steve let the coffee spoon glide in his hand. "For your advice, you know about.. Danny and me.. yesterday.." Steve felt the warmth coming back while his mind wandered off to last night.

"Aww," Tani's voice at the opposite side of the line sounded dreamily. "I want to know all about it!"

"Yeah well, later. Now go get your own man first!" Steve grinned.

"I will, say hello to Danny for me. Bye!"

"Will do, bye Tani!" Steve smiled as he hung up the phone. Then he pressed the button of the coffee machine and opened the fridge for fixing himself and Danny some breakfast. Then after putting what he needed on the counter, he got disturbed by yet another distraction namely a few impatient sounding knocks on the door.