Chapter 5: Welcome to New York

Marinette POV:

"Attention all passengers, we will be landing shortly. Please make sure your windows are opened and you fasten your seatbelt. Thank you."

I slowly opened my eyes as I tried to take in the sunlight coming from the window. I rubbed my eyes but I didn't move my head. I was still snuggled up against Adrien and I didn't have the heart to move. But I had to. I can't believe we stayed like that for the entire flight! I was proud of myself for taking the initiative, now all that was left was to tell him how I feel.

I took my head off his shoulder and looked at him. He was still asleep, but his head dipped down since it was on top of mine. I didn't have the heart to wake him either, he was so peaceful and handsome with the suns rays lighting up his face, giving him warmth. I sighed and gently nudged him.

"Adrien... wake up."

He groaned as he rubbed his eyes and looked at me. His bright green eyes taking in the sunlight, making them glisten and sparkle. My heart melted at the sight of it, but I shook off the feeling and put a hand on his cheek. "We're about to land." He smiled as he let out a yawn and looked out the window. I decided to do the same. We gasped at the sight, it was gorgeous!

The sun was setting behind the buildings and structures, leaving a warm glow on the city. I was mesmerized by small people and roads down below. They looked like little ants compared to the buildings. I was so excited, this week was gonna be unforgettable.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to New York City!"

"You ready to explore the big city?" I looked at Adrien and he was beaming with enthusiasm and excitement. You ready for me to finally confess my feelings to you after months? I said to myself.

"More than anything!"

As we landed, Adrien and I talked about what we wanted to do in New York. Apparently he wanted to see all the museums and cafes. While I wanted to see all the museums and cafes with him. Of course I didn't say that, but I said that I had the same hopes as he did. I also added that I was hoping to get more inspiration for fashion designs from the city. There was surly a ton of inspiration over here, since some of the most important fashion designers lived here in New York. Adrien seemed to approve of the idea.

After we landed and we were asked to exit the plane, I silently watched as Adrien quickly got up and went to go take our suitcases out. Everyone did the same. But I stayed still, I watched as he expertly took out the luggage and set them down. He was right there! And this could be my chance to ask him to hang out!

"A-Adrien?" He stopped what he was doing and focused his attention on me. I blushed, I love it when he does that! It's like he wants nothing in the world but me. "What's up Marinette?" I shook away my thoughts and got up. I stood next to him and looked into his eyes.

Now or never Marinette...

"A-Adrien I-I was wondering if you'd like to hag agoub I mean hab amout. I MEAN! Would you like to hang out sometime?"

I smacked myself in the head for stuttering once again. But for some reason Adrien didn't mind. He looked at me with a sincere look in his eyes. "Just you and me?"

"U-uh if that's ok with you?" I said in a questioning tone. He looked down at his suitcase then back at me and smiled. My body went numb with the look on his face, "I'd like that." He handed me my suitcase and gave me the same exact look he gave me when he handed me his umbrella months ago. I was left speechless and I just stared at him.

He put a hand on my shoulder and winked at me, "Can't wait, Marinette." He walked away down the aisle and headed towards the front of the plane. I stood there, frozen, watching him go.