Chapter 2

Jacqueline's POV

I couldn't blame them for being surprised. I mean, Skye was only meant to wield the power of a Demigod. It was obvious that the son of a Demigod would already possess Demi powers. To bless him once again, as we all did, would only create a god.

 At least that is what I hoped they believed. My ears burned as I once again attempted to feel the souls of the dead. Nothing. No breeze, no skin prickling sensation, no aura of purity. It had been this way for quite a while. I felt my body burn and I breathed in deeply. 

What would they say if they knew I gave him power over death? A complete accident, of course! It wasn't my fault that his kiss awakened a desire that ripped me apart. A desire to give him all of me. He stopped the kiss before I could give him more of myself, but he had indeed, become the God of Death the moment he kissed me that day. I knew that day that Skye would become one of us. That he'd be blessed by the God of All Matter who had no clue as to what Skye could and would do. 

I knew how this would end the moment he landed his lips on mine. 

Father was no match for a God he did not create. 

But this left much to ponder. What would Skye do now? He was a God. He had new responsibilities. Or did he? He wasn't given immortality and duties like the rest of us. He only had power over all death. Did this mean that he had to take over the Underworld? If he did, where would I go? 

What will happen now?

A rough warmth covered my left hand and I stared up into Skye's bright blue orbs. They were tinged with lilac now. The change was beautiful and I smiled softly. 

"Do you have any idea how this happened?" He didn't bother to whisper and his baritone echoed through the area. I could feel the blush beginning to appear on my face. He could probably see it. In fact, his little smirk gave me the answer. I tried to look away but Skye gripped my jaw lightly. He turned my head to face his again. 

"I'll take that as a yes." His soft smile disappeared quickly. He and my siblings stood around watching me. 

"Alright guys, nothing to see here!" Jasper yelled while staring straight at us. Despite his warning, he didn't move an inch. A familiar wink furrowed my eyebrows. 

"Don't worry about him." Skye waved it off. "I want to know what you know. What happened to me?"

Should I keep it a secret? What would the others think? They'd think I was to passionate. Would they take the rest of my power away? As I looked into Skye's eyes, I couldn't come up with a definitive answer. Fear sizzled underneath my smile. 

"The son of a Demigod. What did you think would happen?" I focused my attention on my siblings. At least I knew I could lie to them. Skye's grip on my hand tightened before he let it loose. He turned away from me. My eyes closed as an ache began in my chest. He knew I was lying. 

"What do we do now?" Nyle's voice came in the form of rushing waterfalls. 

"He's a God now." Jasper's arm wrapped around Skye's shoulders and they walked toward the only open seat in the Throne Room of the Nexus. "He belongs with us don't you think?" 

We stayed stuck in a semi-circle around Skye. Jasper softly left Skye's side and he became one with us, watching what our new addition would do. We stared with wide eyes as Skye stood in front of Nero's Throne. 

The Throne Above Gods. 

Muscles tightened, tongues were bit, and all the while, Skye stood in front of the seat of Comwen's Nemesis. He turned to face us all before he silently and meaningfully sat on Nero's throne.