𝕄𝕪𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕪 𝕠𝕗 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖

sometime early in march, 1917

For once in his miserable life in the military, Blake had made it through the day without be yelled at by the Sergeant. the Sarg often picked on him for being the youngest, and most somewhat gullible. Schofield, for the first month of Blake's stay, had been watching him closely, hoping to confront him and talk to him. about what? he had no clue.

Blake had been marching off to a far patch of flowers at the end of the base, throwing himself into the pit of flowers and fiddling with them. he liked this spot.. because it reminded him of home. this was Schofield's perfect chance.

"h-hello?" Schofield had finally made his way to Blake's hideout. the air was fresh and not polluted with blood, dirt and cigar smoke. he loved it.

"oh Jesus Chri- who are you?" Blake looked up to find Schofield, mainly just his shadow. the sun had basically made Scho look like a shadow. "why are you here? shouldn't you be with the Sarg..?"

"you really think I want to be around him?" Scho had intended the words to be a joke,, but it felt 100% serious. Scho often only thought positively of everyone he had to deal with, well until they all started to pick on Blake.

"you seem like it." Blake scoffed, turning away. the only thing he thought of Schofield was that he was going to call him fat, or and idiot.

"actually, no. I dislike the Sarg, it's not fair that he only picks on you." Schofield had made up his mind to collapse onto the grassy earth below him. Blake had turned back towards the taller man.

"are you being serious, or making fun of me?" Blake's eyebrows were furrowed and his eyes were squinted. his voice was harsh, yet fearful. something about Schofield made his heart have a weird feeling he had never felt before..

"if I were to make fun of you, I would have already." he scoffed, "are you accusing me?"  Scho faked being offended by putting a hand on his chest.

"what?! no! I... I'm just so used to someone calling me fings,," Blake's attention met his peak, causing him to bounce into a sitting position. he was facing Scho, studying his face.

Schofield just sat there, eyes locked with Blakes. He was cute- christ, to cute. and young.. Scho felt himself cussing at himself for thinking this way, but that had changed nothing.

"you have any food? God, I'm starving!" Tom looked down to his stomach, it looked the smallest since a long time. it reminded him of his brother, tall and skinny. smh.

"maybe," Scho had been grinning, and pulled out a lump of rolled up parchment paper. he unraveled it, revealing a piece of bread.

Blake had practically thrown himself onto Scho, his head landing on his chest. both blushed. "Come on, gimmie-" he groaned, crawling up onto Scho's chest. 

"Ah ah ah, wait a second,"  Scho teased, throwing his arm up the highest it could go. "You got to beg."

"Your j-joking right.." Tom mumbled, quite worried that Will was just luring him into a trick to make fun of him. but if he was serious.. he'd do it.

Small A/N-
I got 1917 for Easter- and I'm sorry about the slow update (3 hope ya'll are safe