Chapter Three

History always has a way of repeating itself. Sky woke up, tears welling up in her eyes. The dream she just had was of the Lotus. Suffering the same fate as the Titanic. Will noticed. "What's wrong? Sky?" Sky took a moment to understand the dream. "I uh, I had a dream. About the ship...Hitting an iceberg and sinking. Like the Titanic. What if it happens again? I could never forgive myself." Will held her close to him. "Sh. It's going to be ok. I won't let that happen." It was their fourth night at sea. Parties, dinners, and everything else had been happening. Sky's parents were giving tours of the ship to first class passengers today while herself and Will would be patrolling together. "Come on, we need to get ready for the day." Sky nodded and got ready. From 12 in the afternoon until 6 that evening. Then from 11 that night until 3 the next morning was their next shift.

"Correct me if I'm wrong sir, but there wouldn't be enough lifeboats for all the passengers aboard. There's 2,600 people aboard this ship." "That's correct Alexis. You sure don't miss a thing, do you?" Mr. Andrews said. "But rest assured, this ship will not sink." Alexis had a feeling it would. They said the Titanic wouldn't sink and it did. It was the 6th of October. The weather was getting cooler which means it was peak season for the burgs. Alexis had a sickening feeling. As she was following her tour group, even she knew the ship, she felt a tap on her shoulder. It was the boy she had fallen for on this ship. Luke was his name. "Luke what the hell?" "I need to talk to you. Alexis, they got you trapped. You and your sisters. And you're gonna die if you don't fucking escape." Alexis thought. "I understand but that's my life. It always has been. There's no escaping that." Luke sighed. "Please just let me explain. You're an amazing woman. But a brat at the same time. But I love you." Alexis rested her hand on his cheek. "I know. Now please, leave me alone." With that, Alexis walked off.

Will and Sky walked hand in hand, while on duty. It was the most amazing feeling in the world. Sky spots her father. "Sky, Will I have ordered the engines to be full steam ahead. We should be in New York this time tomorrow. Oh and Will, don't hurt her or you'll have me to answer to." Will nodded. "Yes sir." Sky giggled. "What?" "Nothing. It just how you said that. I love it." She said. When 6 came along, the pair went and got some dinner. "My lady." Will pulled the chair out at the officers table. "Thank you." She next to Lights and James was across from her. Will took the other seat next to her. Food was served. Afterwards, the men of first class gathered to discuss business when they arrived to New York. Will and the officers though, wanted to attend a party. "Sky, would you like to join us?" She nodded. "Of course."

Sky and Will sat at a table, beer in hand. They watched as the other officers tried singing karaoke. They weren't drunk, just not good at it. After the song was over, they nominated Will and Sky to dance since everyone knew they were together. Charles chose a slow dance song and Will took Sky by the waist. Sky rested her head against his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat. One of his hands took Sky's hand as well. They slow danced to a country song. Sky smiled, knowing she was finally safe. Knowing she was loved properly and knowing her son was loved properly by a man.

11 PM rolled around. Sky and Will was the the two officers on the bridge. "Nice out. Nothing in sight." Sky mentioned. She looked up in tome to see a shooting star. "Oh look. A shooting star. Usually people make a wish on them." She said and it was true. "That is true. What'd you wish for?" Sky looked at Will. "I didn't have to because I already have my wish." A cool wind blew through, causing both to shiver. They embraced each other. Their body heat was enough to warm them up. They heard laughter and look down and saw Alexis and Luke. "They remind me of Rose and Jack." Sky said. "And you and me of course." Will smiled he adorable smile and gave her a quick kiss. The two watched the lovebirds make out. "Will, when we get to New York, I wanna get off with you. I-I love you." Will looked at Sky with love. "I love you too. I too wanna get off with you." Will became nervous. He had an important question for her. "Sky I've been wanting to ask you this for almost a year. I think now is the time." He dug into his pocket. " Sky this was my grandmothers. Would you do me the honor of marrying me?" He asked. He didn't even get down on one knee. Sky was excited. "Yes Will. A thousand times yes!" She said, tears streaming down her cheeks and kissing him.

Up in the crows nest, Brie and Jessica was up there. "If that's how we warm up, I rather not." Jess mentioned. "I mean we could." Brie said, both girls laughing as loud as possible. When both turned around, they saw something in the distance. "Is that...A burg?" Brie asked. "Shit." Jessica rang the bell three times, indicating trouble. Up on the bridge, Will and Sky turned around so fast, they'd get whiplash. Sky squinted. "I'll be goddamned." She breathed and ran to the wheel house. James ran out. "Iceberg right ahead!" He yelled. "Hard to starboard!" Sky yelled, Will and James following cue. The wheeler turned the wheel all way to the left. Will and Sky went back to the bridge. They watched as the burg got closer and closer. "Come on. Please turn." Sky begged. "Why the fuck aren't they turning?" Jess complained. Back on the bridge, Will was holding onto Sky. She couldn't bear to watch. The ship connected. It looked like it would but did not. Will yelled back to the wheeler. "Hard to port!" James did the same. The wheel was turned all the way to the right. "The watertight doors needs to be closed." Sky said and ran to do so.  She put in the code and shut the doors. She turned and  looked Will and James into their eyes. Her worst fear is happening. "Note the time and put it into the computer." James did so. "Will." She said, fear in her eyes and voice. "I know." He held onto her as tight as possible. Sky's father came in, he had just woken up the time the ship hit the burg. "Will, Sky what was that?" Sky stood straight up and looked her father into his eyes. "An iceberg sir." Isaac took a step back. "Close the watertight doors." "Doors are closed sir." Will replied. The three walked onto the bridge. Isaac took in the damage. Sky saw Alexis and Luke take in the sight. "Sky, Will, find the carpenters, get them to sound the ship. Then meet me in the meeting room. Mr. Andrews, myself, and Bruce will be there. I know whose to blame for this." Sky's heart dropped but followed Will. "We need to find the carpenters and quick. Do you know where they might be?" Sky?" Sky was out of it. "Sky? Are you with me?" Will asked. "Yeah, I uh. Follow me." She said, leading Will to the carpenters. "Ma'am what are you doing here?" One of the carpenters asked. "The ship. It hit an iceberg. We need you all the excess the damages." Sky said in a hurry. "Of course. We'll  look at it right away." The two took off. "Come on, father said he'll be in the meeting room." Sky said. The two took off to the meeting room.

"It'll survive with four but not five." Andrews mentioned. "How long? How long will it be until the ship sinks?" Sky asked. "An hour. Two at the most." Isaac froze. So did Mr. Ismay. "How many souls aboard." "2,600 sir." Isaac knew they had to save as many as possible. "Well Mr. Ismay, looks like you'll get your second headline. As will my wife and myself." It was happening all over. Sky's worst nightmare.