⤞ chapter 3: ⤝

suhyun's pov

i sat still, not paying attention to my surroundings, then to be broken out of my trance by a tap on my shoulder.

i raised my head, donghun's friend, junhee filling my vision as he crouched down to be on the same level as me.

"wanna join us?" he asked with a slight smile.

i instantly nodded, knowing that i couldn't work by myself and that nobody else would ask me. on top of that, if things went well, not only could I make some new friends but I could also maybe reconnect with donghun.

"well that was easy" he said standing back up making eye contact with yuchan.

"meet at my house. here's my phone number. i'll text you my address so you don't lose it." he said, followed by another smile, handing me a small slip of paper, then lazily throwing his arm over yuchan's shoulder and walking back over to his other friends.

as they walked away, i couldn't help but wonder, why me? there are so many other people in my class who don't have partners and a lot of girls who are undoubtedly prettier than me.

people eventually started leaving the hall so i followed suit and exited. as i was walking i felt a weight on my shoulder, looking over it was yuchan. "you want me to drop you off home?" he asked, the new found weight being him leaning on my shoulder.

"no, it's alright, i live on campus." i explained, he stood up properly looking at me with a bewildered expression.

"does you family live far away?" he asked, i nodded. he smiled cutely at me.

"i guess we have something in common then" he said still smiling.

"do you live on campus too?" i asked.

he shook his head. "i moved here with my brother." he explained, i nodded in understanding.

"where's your little bitch ass going" an all to familiar voice said from behind us.

yuchan turned around to him, crossing his arms over his chest. "i'm taller than you." he said sternly, yet playfully.

donghun threw his arms around him, embracing him in a light hug only to let him go once he noticed i was there.

we made brief and awkward eye contact for a moment before he coughed, trying to excuse the silence. "anyway uhm.. i'll get going.. see you.." he said setting off in a fast walk.

"that was... weird?" yuchan questioner, i nodded in agreement.

none the less we continued our walk, we both got so caught up in conversation that we unknowingly got to my room, noticing where we were, i suddenly stopped in the middle of a sentence.

i walked here from habit, he probably was too amerced in the conversation and just unknowing followed me.

he seemed to also realise where we were when i stopped talking. "oh shit, sorry" he apologised.

"no no, it's fine... i guess i'll go now, get home safely."

he nodded with a hum. "yeah, you too... wait." he stopped himself realising what he just said, i laughed, him laughing along with me.

he started to walk back down the corridor, then walking backwards to face me. "don't forget to text hunhee, see you later." then he disappeared down the flight of stairs.

i think i managed to break one of my switch controllers :////

stay safe everyone <3