Chapter 5: Jason Voorhees

You don't even hesitate, you're over the barbed wire in seconds, scratching up your hands and legs but that's the least of your problems right now. You call out his name over and over, waiting and waiting for a response.

"D?!! D!!!" your throat already hurts from screaming and screaming, leaping over logs and ducking under low-hanging branches, skirting bushes and examining clearings to no luck. Minutes passed, your throat completely shredded and tears spilling over your cheeks. "D!!!"

"Sweetheart!" you almost collapse at the sound of his voice not too far off. It's quiet, weak, almost scared.

"I'm coming!!" you scream, heading towards the source of the voice. You throw yourself through a thick set of bushes and stumble over the edge of a dip in the ground, landing with a thump on your hands and knees, coming face to face with D. He's lying on the ground in the fetal position, hands clutching tightly to his leg.

"Sweets, run, get outta here. Not long 'til Voorhees comes checking his traps." D's voice is low, pained, and you can tell he's losing blood. You hadn't noticed D's leg until he slowly tilted his head to stare at it.

A nasty, rusted, spiked bear trap had clamped shut on D's foot, coated with a thick layer of blood.

"Holy shit, D..!" you choke out, shifting to look at his leg. "No, no no no no!" your tears return and you wipe at your eyes. "We have to get this off of you! We have to get out of here, fuck!" You try to fasten your hands around the edges of the trap but the blood makes it much too slippery, impossible to grip. You attempt once, and can't even get your fingers fastened on the metal. The second time is more successful but your hands fly away as they lose contact. "Shit!!" you curse, tangling your bloodstained hands in your hair.

"GO, Hone-"

"No!" you silence D with a snap, shaking your head. "Don't be ridiculous." you return to the trap. "I don't give a shit if Jason's coming, okay? He can kill us both for all I care, you aren't dying here!" you return to the trap, prying and ripping at it with all your strength, D lying on the ground and clinging desperately onto consciousness. Despite killing so much, he had a very low tolerance for pain, it seemed.

"Just keep listening to my voice, okay? D-Did you get your picture?" you say, trying to distract yourself and him as you try and try and try to pull the trap open. D grunts as your hands slip, flicking against his open wounds. "Sorry!"

"I got it, I got the picture just before I hit this stupid trap!" he groaned, curling tighter into himself. "I should have been more careful, damnit!"

"It's okay, it's okay, you got your picture, right? W-We'll get out of this, I p-promise!" you slip your fingers between the toothy jaws of the gruesome bear trap. "Tell me about your old life, okay? Before Jed Olsen was linked to the murders." anything to keep him busy, anything to keep your mind off the bloody scene before you.

"I- fuck, it hurts... I was a reporter like you," he had to sto between almost every word to take a deep, shaky breath. "One of the best ones in my building. Always everyone's top pick when it comes to article advice or joint works." You get a good grip on the trap, counting down from three in your head. Three, "I met a girl, even, she was great- ah, fuck...! Nice, caring, she didn't press and pester whenever I'd disappear," Two, "She was so nice, so fucking- shit, man, shit, she was the best thing that ever happened to me, almost made me turn my life around," One...! "Until she found out I was a murderer. She told the police, and I killed her, I-" PULL! D was cut off by a strained, agonizing screech of pure agony as you heaved on the jaws of the trap, feeling them lurch under your movements and pull slowly, slowly apart from one another.