Chapter 13: Surprise Visit

(A/N): I like this chapter eeeee I'm a sucker for Danny in literally any scenario ever. I'm going to be making a Yandere!Danny 'Jed Olsen' Johnson x Reader soon, maybe even before this book finishes but I'm not sure. Enjoy this chapter for now, and stay tuned for more!

Recap

"Poor kid, hey?" Danny sighs, appearing out of thin air. "He's so young to have already killed. I was twenty, which isn't a huge gap, but still..." he clicked his tongue, staring at the bathroom door as the shower started up. "Anyways. Just be careful around him, I can tell he's just like the rest of us."

Recap End

You nod your head. Danny pats you on the shoulder and strolls towards your office and your recording equipment. You head back downstairs to make something for breakfast, a simple homemade oatmeal recipe that was made surprisingly fast and was surprisingly delicious when paired with fresh fruit or brown sugar, Jason and Michael watching as you did.

"Have either of you seen Freddy yet?" you ask over your shoulder as you stir the pot of oats. Both boys shook their heads, and you let out a 'hm'. He must be in someone's dreams right now, if that was how all of that dream stuff worked. You should ask him about it. "So, what do you think of Freddy anyways? Norman, too. They're both generally new." you peer over your shoulder to see Jason shrug, Michael simply shaking his head in a sign of distrust towards Freddy, then nod in acceptance of Norman. "So, Michael, Jason... Can you guys talk? At all?" This time Jason shakes his head, but Michael nods hesitantly. "Well, I'm glad we can still find some way to communicate then. The notepad thing works well enough." You pull the oatmeal from the stove and begin to grab bowls from the cupboards, dishing everything up. "Hey everyone, breakfast!" you call out, knocking on the walls to get Brahms' attention as well. Seconds later, the room is flooding with oversized murderers grabbing their food then disappearing promptly afterwards, save for Danny, who slipped into the seat at the island to eat with you. He finished quickly and placed his bowl in the sink, taking the spare you had made for Norman and offering to bring it up to him. You nod, and Danny speeds off, eager to talk to Norman again and get to know him better.

You finish your food and place it in the dishwasher, moving Danny's from the sink to join yours when three sharp, loud knocks erupt from the front door and make you jump, almost dropping the bowl in your hand. You close the dishwasher and speed to the door, successfully tripping on nothing and stumbling the last few feet before catching yourself. You brush yourself off and grab the doorknob, twisting it and pulling it open with a little too much enthusiasm resulting from adrenaline brought on by your near-fall. It takes a moment for your mind to register the falsely bright eyes and plastic smiles, the graying hair that used to be identical to yours, and the stuffed suitcases on the steps behind the people at your door.

"(Y/N), honey, hi!" your father smiles somehow wider and you try not to cringe in fear and disgust.

"How are you, baby?" your mother's voice is high-pitched with forced delight. You force an equally-fake smile onto your face and gasp in 'delighted' astonishment.

"Mom, Dad, what are you doing here?" you force out through gritted teeth, your cheeks already hurting from your mock-ecstatic grin. Why had they just shown up? What the hell?

"Your father had some things he had to pick up from his office, some files he needed to bring to his new office in Hawaii, so we thought we might as well stop by here!" your mother let out raucous laughter and your father joined in. You chuckled along, not knowing the joke.