Chapter 7: Within the Walls

(A/N): This title is a double entendre and I love it. You'll see, but I think it was pretty clever. Also, this is my favourite chapter I've written so far because of the kind of urgency and fear I think I portrayed pretty well. I hope you enjoy this one, I'm pretty proud of it. Lastly, this chapter is almost 8 000 FUCKING WORDS. THATS ALMOST 3x THE AMOUNT OF MY AVERAGE CHAPTER, WHICH IS 3 000 - 5 000 WORDS. WOW. 

You'd fallen asleep near the end of the film, and woken up the next morning in your bed, tucked in nicely with a fluffed pillow. You stretched, your body quivering from the strain, sitting up afterwards with a contented sigh. You swung your legs over the side of the bed and stood, noting that it was earlier than you usually wake up, 8:00 am. You didn't want to risk waking anyone as you crept towards the stairs, wanting to grab your laptop and head back up to start work in bed with a cup of hot cocoa or tea. You yawned as you passed through the living room, stretching once more after filling the kettle and placing it on the stove. Maybe you should make some drinks for the others, but you had no idea what they'd like. You could guess Danny would be a hot chocolate kind of guy, reading his bubbly personality. Jason? He'd probably drink tea because of the earthy flavour, and you thought Michael would enjoy a black coffee. You decided to take your chances, the worst that would happen is that they wouldn't drink it. You waited for the kettle to boil, then poured the water into cups with their selective flavouring added however it needed to be added. You left the three cups for the boys on the counter, then took yours and went to grab your laptop.

You come to a halt as you stare at the coffee table. Your rocks from Danny were gone, as was your laptop.

"What..." you furrow your brow and scan the room. The picture was safe in its place but you wanted those rocks on display just like Michael's rebuilt china bowl. Speaking of... you race back to the kitchen and stare at the displayed china. You hadn't noticed before, but the fancy china bowl was missing, nowhere to be seen, completely disappeared. You were dumbfounded. They had been here last night, and Michael and Jason wouldn't touch them, Danny wouldn't either. Had someone broken in? No way one of the murderers wouldn't have noticed and stopped them, and a sensible thief would have taken more than some rocks and broken china. You take a curious sip of your drink, shaking your head. What had happened? Who had taken all of your gifts? You can't help but frown, setting your glass down on the table. You didn't want to drink it anymore, bummed and honestly a little bit nervous despite your three over-qualified bodyguards.

"Chin up, Honeybuns. What's the matter with you?" Danny limped into the room, heading straight for the refrigerator.

"Someone took the rocks you gave me. Michael's china, too. And my laptop." you mumble out, reaching to pick up Danny's hot cocoa and hand it to him.

"Oh, why thank you," Danny took the cocoa with a grateful nod, lifting his mask halfway as always, and continued, "Not much of a surprise, he's always taking my things."

You tilt your head, "What?" Danny takes a sip of his drink, waiting a moment and savouring the flavour before swallowing,

"Y'know, the guy in the walls?" terror wracks your brain and body and you tense, a shiver running up and down your spine.

"What?!" you hiss out, gaze settled on Danny, determined to get a straight answer out of him, "What guy in the walls? Is this some sort of joke?" Danny tilted his head.

"You haven't seen him? Heard him? Suspected that he's there? He's not very quiet all the time, y'know. I know you're unobservant but you have to have at least heard him one time! You've lived here your whole life!" Danny seemed just as genuinely confused as you, but for different reasons. There was a man living in the walls of your house? What the fuck?