CHAPTER V

For the past four days since the incident, my father had denied me the right to leave my room or even really get out of my bed unless it was to use the bathroom and take a shower. So for the past four days I have been rotting away in this stuffy room, doing nothing but sleeping, eating almost inedible food, going to the bathroom, sleeping, watching little TV, and feeling like dead weight. After the whole bear trap accident, my father and the man who had saved me, Alex was his name if I recalled correctly had brought me upstairs to rest before cleaning up the mess I had made downstairs. Alex had tried to convince my father to go to the police, but my father being the stubborn man he was, didn't want to get the police involved at least not until he knew whether or not the bear trap was my grandfathers or someone who was illegally hunting on our land.

Letting out a groan, I pulled myself out of bed as I started to get ready to go out for dinner for my 'recovery.' But I wasn't recovered, not fully anyways. My father either wanted something from me, or this was his way of 'apologizing' to me for not always being there for me. You know now that I think about it... I don't think my father and I ever went out to dinner together, at least not without my mother but I couldn't quite remember. Knock knock knock knock, knock knock. My father knocked in a rhythm. "I'm about to take a shower you need anything?" My father yelled through the door.

"No, I don't believe so." I said gritting through my teeth in pain as I stood up out of bed.

"Okay, i'll just be in my bathroom if you need me." My father said, practically rubbing in that he had his own private bathroom. Not even replying, I walked over to one of the three boxes my father brought up to my room labeled clothes. It was funny how my entire life fit in three boxes. The few books I've collected, my clothes, a few awards, art drawings, wall decorations, everything. It all managed to fit into three boxes and sometimes a suitcase or two. Rummaging through the box gently, I found my outfit. It was nothing too fancy just a plain red-T which I tucked in, a pair of black skinny jeans, and my flamin hot cheeto sweater. Ten minutes, a ton of struggling, getting angry, and wanting to give up-later I was finally dressed. Wiping the sweat that formed on my head, I fell backwards onto my bed.

"Phew." I sighed, thankful to be dressed in something other than shorts, and a T-shirt. Grabbing my phone I opened up minecraft and started playing. I really needed to buy a TV and game council so I could play games and watch movies in my room on something other than my phone. Clicking on the world I wanted to play on, it never got the chance to even finish loading before a knock sounded at my door. Knock knock knock. "Coming." I said pushing myself off of my bed. Getting off of my bed slowly, I opened my door so that my father and I could leave for dinner. "That didn't take you-" No one was at my bedroom door. Looking around the loft I thought my father was just trying to play a trick on me, but the moment I heard the shower running I knew he wasn't. Taylor. Oh shit. Not again. Not long after my name had been called in a sing-song voice, the whispering started. Like last time, they were quiet and got louder the closer I got to them. Booty crawling down the steps, all I could hear was my name being called, and whispering. I couldn't even hear the sound of my breath, or my heartbeat as my heart started to beat faster. Pulling myself off of the steps slowly, I let out a groan and gave myself a second to get my balance.

The whispering got louder and louder, leading me to the locked door where it suddenly stopped once again. TAYLOR, the whispering almost sounded angry now, as if I had take too long for it's liking. Going to reach for the handle all I got was a locked door... again. But that was alright, I would break- "Taylor!? Where are you?" My father asked worried as he ran down the stairs seemingly worried as he looked for me.

"O-over here!" I piped up, slowly walking away from the door.

"What are you doing down here? You should have waited for me upstairs to help you down." PFFT yeah like you've been there for me the rest of my life? I rolled my eyes.