CHAPTER VI

From the moment I woke up I was starving, irritated, and felt like I was going to die. I was absolutely exhausted and in pain, my skin still feeling like it was boiling hot and ripping apart but thankfully not as bad as It was last night. The ringer to my phone went off, telling me someone- not just any someone was calling. Who was the someone deciding to ruin my already horrible day you ask? My father. He was the someone deciding to ruin my already horrible horrible day. "Yes?" I yawned and half snarled into the phone.

"Glad I didn't wake you. I was just calling to let you know that I'm on my way to John and his family and that I just crossed over the Montana and Idaho state line. I would have woken you up before I left but I left faster than I intended too so I decided to just call you instead." My father explained. YAYYY. I said sarcastically. Thanks for letting me know you were leaving today, glad you told me last night at dinner. Oh wait, he didn't; when he told me he was leaving I figured he meant AFTER today, A.k.a my mother's anniversary, but of course he left today so that he had an excuse not to go. I was just arrogant, and stupid to think he would wait one extra day before leaving. An animalistic growl started to rumble in my throat.

"Sounds good," I lied, gritting through my teeth. "Hey I gotta go, I'm about to jump in the shower but i'll talk to you later yah?" I asked angrily as I tried to keep my calm.

"Sure, talk to you-" I hung up on him before I crushed my phone to bits in my fist. My stomach growled in hunger, and my mind screamed in anger. Just the thought of my father skipping out on today made me want to scream in annoyance and anger but I knew that that would have been childish and immature.

Getting out of bed tirely, I didn't even care about making my bed. Not that it would have mattered since my father wasn't here to nag at me about it and I was just going to ruin it when I got back in. I lazily grabbed some blue jeans, and a random shirt from my suitcase so that when I went out I would look presentable. Heading to the shower I decided to make it quick, my stomach growling in hunger. Taking off my clothes till I was in nothing but my boxers and leg wrap I sat down on the toilet and lifted my leg onto the hamper so I could let my leg breath and get out of the stupid cast.

Looking at my leg, there was nothing. No cuts, no scars, no bruising, nothing but the little remnants of where the stitches used to hold my skin together to heal. Feeling my scarless leg, I stared at it in wonder and confusion. How had there been no cuts? Not even a scar to say the least!

Getting on my phone I opened my contacts, my finger hovering over my father's contact. I wanted to press it. To ask him what was happening to my leg. But how would he know? How would he know why I had no scars on my legs, why I grew every which way in one night, why I was in pain all the time with my skin burning and feeling as if I was tearing apart. No. he couldn't answer those questions. If google couldn't even give me a hint of what was happening then how could my father? Canceling out of his contact, I went to Spotify and pressed the shuffle button in my playlist.

Turning on the hot water, I finished getting undressed and got in. Almost instantly, the warm water sent my muscles into relaxation as it cascaded down my body. I didn't make the water any hotter, the summer heat and the sweltering and burning feeling my body has been experiencing already making me hot enough.

"What do I want to eat today?" I spoke to no one in particular as I peered inside the empty fridge. Only a half drank box of orange juice, a microwaved hotdog wrapped in paper towel, an old bowl of cereal, and an empty carton of milk sat on the shelves. Damn, my father was a pig. It was a surprise he even had anything to feed me since he seemed to have eaten it all. Emptying out the fridge of all the trash, the only thing that remained was the orange juice.

"Couldn't have stocked the fridge like ya said you would could you!?" I grumbled in anger. I didn't know what had come over me these past few days. Today I had woken up angry and irritated, anger eating away at me. Opening the freezer, my eyes met with frozen chicken, a box of nasty microwavable frozen spinach, and mint chocolate chip ice cream bars. Mmmmmm, chicken. It sounded so delicious right now. Grabbing out the half frozen chicken, My gums suddenly started to hurt, my teeth started to ache.