1: A Mother's Love

Red liquid poured out of the young female's mouth, as a familiar pink organ splattered on the marbled floor, staining the once marvelous white with dark red.

Auburn tresses caressed the features of the beautiful maiden, bloodshot eyes stared wordlessly at the tongue she once knew, blood was painted on the gown that covered her petite figure.

Trembling at the thought of losing her ability to speak; mentally gagging, at the sight she was not familiar with seeing; clenching and unclenching her fist, as she quietly stilled her gaze on the ground.

The emperor chuckled at the sight, the maiden appeared helpless in his perspective, yet he didn't felt an ounce of sympathy.

He felt alive for once, as helpless as she looks, she was still a hurdle, an obstacle, a wall; a wall preventing him from killing that damn wench.

His tall figure hovered over the small frame, intimidating her each chance he gets.

She was at his mercy.

Her family was executed, her fiancé died at his hands, and he specifically did it in the presence of this lamb.

Now, her tongue was cut off & she was at the brink of death.

She clearly is at lost.

Yet she didn't acted like it.

Infuriated by the apathy portrayed by the maiden, he still craved to stare down on those eyes. Orbs that was clearer than a transparent glass.

"Move"

His deep voice boomed throughout the hall, silence filled the air after he uttered his command. His voice was filled with authority, anyone would flinched and quickly do his bidding, with just that one word.

Yet, she didn't.

Move, he thought. Move out of the way, and I'll spare your life. His mind kept on repeating those words all over again, as if hypnotizing himself thinking that she would do his bidding.

She didn't.

"Did you not hear me, I said move"

She still didn't move, instead she grasped that wench's hand and held it tightly and dearly, reassuring her.

He wasn't mad, not yet, well until the sight of that wench squeezing back. Blood boiling with anger, he decided to leer down at her. Forcing her to feel the pressure of the situation more harshly.

Even without looking at him, the female felt his glare. She stayed still, they could have run, if they could; but this was the emperor.

The emperor who would kill his only blood & flesh with no remorse. The emperor who would kill the child, she has hidden behind her back. The emperor that would kill her easily, if she didn't caught his favor.

Yet, until now, even if she was favored, she should have been dead by now.

Glaring at him with a hateful gaze, lecturing him that this wasn't rational at all, and rejecting to bow down before him.

She should have been killed right then and there.

But, here she was, sitting on the ground, no tongue in sight, experiencing the turmoil and pain of losing her tongue.

Was he bewitched? Bewitched by this child?

If he wasn't, why was he hesitating?

Even the person at hand, could not answer that question.

He merely stared down at her.

Few more excruciating seconds passed, and his patience was growing thinner and thinner by the second, then he felt her shuffle.