9: The Lotus' Illness

Ilene gazed blankly at the window, reflecting the trees outside and the flowers in full spring.

She sighed, unimpressed with the scenery that is beautiful enough to be compared to paradise.

But she was unsatisfied.

Ilene was never one to enjoy the company of others; her desire to be alone overpowers her affection towards the princess, leaving her with no choice but to distance herself from her beloved.

The only company that she doesn't mind despite her being a complete wallflower is Bella.

Her bestfriend even in their past life.

She smiled, remembering the first time they met as babies.

Bella who was tugging on Ijekiel's hair while crying out words that only another baby could understand, was able to be deciphered by the genius Ilene who was already able to speak fluently at the age of 2.

That's how they met, and funny thing is, it took Bella a whole month to find out that she was 'Jong-ha'.

The name Jong-ha sounds unfamiliar to her now, she spent 16 years with that name.

She scoffed, her mother named her after her dead husband, and even tried to force her to be a replica of her father.

Sighing, she directed her stare at the teacup positioned on the table, almost empty.

To be honest, she couldn't care less about her past mother, her mother abandoned her when she turned 9; and then she met her grandmother.

A woman who taught her everything she needs to know, her virtues, her values and how to be a decent human being.

Sadly, her grandmother passed away when she started middle school, a pain that could never be described for it was far too much for her.

Her days were spent with exhausting nights, drowning herself with work with no goal in mind; she live lifelessly, as if she were a mere corpse.

She was empty, unable to do anything, she starved herself for she was unable to swallow the food she makes for herself; continuing to just lay hopelessly in bed, as she succumbs to sleep, crying to tire herself out.

She continued this routine, she studied, worked at night, and if she could; she'll sleep.

But life really took the worst for 'Jong-ha'.

Unable to bear the void of losing her grandmother, she was set to jump off that day; but she met her.

The person who brought light into her world, she met Min-hoo's sister, Min-jung.

Min-jung who saved her on that day, was older than her by 10 years.

But she didn't care... She fell in love.

She met Min-hoo, her bestfriend when she was brought home by the panicked Min-jung who cried and nagged her that she shouldn't end her life that way.

And she didn't.

She just lived along with Min-hoo.

But they died, and now, she's just staring at the teacup,

Empty.

She smiled.

Ilene decided to return to her home, the reason being is that she seems to "miss" the company of her father, but who are we to say that her excuse is true.

Her father, Marquess Dreiden Estre Hamblin; is handsome, tall and an exact replica of Bella except for his hair color.

His hair which is a shade of a rich brown, but if sunlight were to pass through his chocolate tresses, it would shimmer a vibrant golden hue.