Chapter One - The Seven Lanterns

• Gewidmet All of the Lantern Corps

David's P.O.V.

I walked down the street to get to my apartment building. I opened the door and trudged to the elevator. The doors opened for me to see a small, plump man with a fluffy mustache, a tall woman with red hair, wearing a red dress and Mr. Sardin, the apartment owner. I walked in as the tall woman and the small man walked out. The elevator doors closed and I was stuck with Mr. Sardin confronting me. "Hello, David."
"Hi." I was afraid he was gonna bring up me forgetting to pay the electric bill.
"Lovely day outside, isn't it?"
"Yeah." the elevator doors opened.
"Well, this is my stop. Goodbye David." Mr. Sardin walked out. I clicked the button number nineteen where my apartment was. I waited until the doors opened on the nineteenth floor. I stepped out of the elevator, pulled my keys out of my pocket and looked for my room. I found my room, unlocked the door and walked inside to see my window broken and a weird blue lantern on my wooden table. I shut the door behind me and threw my keys on the table. "What the heck is this?" I stared at it for a little while and then called my sister, Sabrina to see if she left it here for an early birthday present, but that still didn't explain the broken window.
"Hello?" Sabrina picked up her phone.
"Sabrina, did you leave an early birthday present for me?"
"No, why?"
"Well, nevermind. Sorry I bothered you. Bye."
"Okay, bye."
I hung up and continued to stare at the blue lantern. I walked over to the broken window and stared outside. Who or what could have done this? I decided to call a window repair company. I looked in a phonebook for window repair companys. I found one and dialed the number in. I watched the blue lantern until they picked up. What was that.

Hespra's P.O.V.

Today was the day I was declared warrior of the Violet Lantern. My mother told me that I would fight other Lanterns someday and that day was very soon. I was dressing for the Ceremony of the Guardians, where I am supposed to be declared a warrior. Only the worthiest become warriors and I was more than worthy, I was chosen by the Violet Lantern, the Lantern of love. I don't know why I was chosen for the Lantern of Love, I didn't show love that often. I was dressed for the ceremony and it was time to go. I kissed my mother goodbye as she sobbed and left the house. I walked towards the ceremony. Now at the ceremony, I walked up to King Drasid as he declared me warrior. "Hespra, daughter of Xesprin, will you serve your planet no matter what?"
"Yes."
"Will you do whatever it takes to save others?"
"Yes."
"Will you honor the Violet Lantern and the power of the ring?"
"Yes." I had the violet ring on my finger. The ring can let you make anything you can imagine. I held one of the nine rings in my hand.
"Hespra, I now declare you warrior of the Violet Lantern!" The crowd cheered loudly. King Drasid handed me a spear. I broke it and made a spear with my ring. The crowd cheered even louder. The King was bewildered. "That spear was ancient!"
"I have no need for a puny spear." I raised the violet spear high.
"I have no explanation why the Violet Lantern chose you! Get out of my sight!" King Drasid demanded. I glared at him then ran back home. I walked inside. "Mother, I am a warrior of the Violet Lantern!"
"That's wonderful dear! You're a warrior." She sighed.
"Mother, what is wrong?"
"Nothing. I'm just afraid you might die when fighting!" She cried.
"Mother, I am not going to die. Trust me." I hugged her.

Darn's P.O.V.

I held my lantern in my hand.
"Darn, are you ready?" Canary, my wife, asked me.
"As ready as I'll ever be." I walked onto the coliseum. I was training. This was my final lesson, I had to fight a beast. A Uniharg, large beast with sharp teeth, one eye and blood red skin, that was my opponent. My instructor, Darsine, let out the beast. The crowd shouted with excitement. It came charging at me, ready to have it's supper. The Uniharg pounced at me. I made a shield with my ring and blocked it. I made a large sword and slammed it on the Uniharg.
"Arrrgh!" The Uniharg roared with pain. It climbed back on it's knees. "Yaaarrrgh!" It once again charged at me. I made an axe and chopped it's head off. The crowd cheered with joy. "You did it!" Canary hugged me. I was now ready to fight in the War of Dark and Light. I looked at my instructor and he nodded which meant I was ready. I stared at my ring. I still held my green lantern in my hand. My father had told me what it did when I was younger. The lantern recharged the ring. I put the ring inside the lantern. I was afraid to go in to the war. I feared for my family. What if I died? The war was soon and I was chosen by the Green Lantern. There was nothing I could do about it.

Krian's P.O.V.

My master (father) told me I was going to win a war. I believed him. I had an orange lantern. I was chosen by the Orange Lantern, the Lantern of greed. My master made me train my whole life and I'm glad. Now there is no way I could lose the war. Since I was chosen to be an Orange Lantern, I had to remember the Orange Lantern oath.

What's mine is mine, what's yours is yours until I make yours mine. With orange light, it's all mine.

I memorized that when I was three hundred and thirty four. One week from now, I would meet my opponents. I would team up with some, but bring down others. I thought teaming up with Red Lantern would be good. I played with my ring when I was bored. I made a picture of me winning the war and ruling the universe. My master promised me the universe, so I did what ever it took to conquer the planets. So far I had conquered twenty three planets, but there was still a whole universe to conquer. I overheard some say that the Green Lantern would win the war. Filled with rage, I stole their food and supplies. Yeah, I was definitely Orange Lantern.

Sarg's P.O.V.

I was filled with joy when my parents told me I was chosen by the Indigo Lantern. I loved hearing stories of the seven Lanterns. My favorite story was the War of Light. My father told me there was going to be another war when I was old enough to hear it. He told me I was chosen by the Indigo Lantern when I was one hundred and one. He told me I was going to be in the next war. I was scared at first, but I was trained for defense. It was a week before the war began. I would have to choose which side I was on, Brightest Day (good) or Blackest Night (evil). I decided to choose Brightest Day because Blackest Night was filled with evil.
Like all of the other Lanterns, I had to memorize my oath.

Tor Lorek San Bor Nakka Mur Natromo Faan Tornek Wat Ur
Ter Lantern Ker Lo Abinsur Taan Lek Lek Nok Formorrow Sur!

It didn't take me long to remember it. I practiced everyday from the day I found out I was chosen by the Indigo Lantern. Tomorrow there was going to be a celebration for me. My parents insisted on giving me one. I was now one hundred and thirty one. I was a little nervous about meeting my opponents. I was reading a book about the Indigo Lantern when my mother interrupted me, "are you ready for the celebration tomorrow?"
"Yes, mother." I said as I read my book.
"Alright, good night."
I had totally forgotten it was night time. I put my book down and went to my bedroom. I hopped on my bed and fell asleep.

Kopir's P.O.V.

Six days from now was the day I meet my victims. I would use fear to drive them mad so they would kill the ones they loved. But that was in six days, unfortunately. I was chosen by the Yellow Lantern, the Lantern of fear. I was great at using fear as my ally. I made my whole planet fear me. I thought all of the universe's being's power lies in the mind. I loved playing mind games. My favorite thing to do was mess with people's mind. No one on the planet was smarter than me, that was something I knew for sure.
I was very excited for the war to begin. I could test my skill on others. I would use my ring to show their biggest fear and once afraid, I would kill them in the most cruel way. I liked seeing people in pain. Yes I would have to team up with others, but I would betray them and kill them anyway so I will bring honor to the Yellow Lantern. I would do anything to bring honor to the Yellow Lantern. I discovered I was chosen at the age of twelve and I put my research to fear ever since. No one would ever stop me from winning that war!

Fird's P.O.V.

I was chosen by the Red Lantern, rage! I would cause chaos throughout the war! I had to team up with someone, though. I guessed I would team up with Orange Lantern and Yellow Lantern because they were both Blackest Night. I was chosen for Red Lantern for a good reason. I got angry at my parents once and I killed them. I went to prison for one hundred years. While in prison, I learned to control some of my anger, but when someone really aggravated me, I hurt them. When I was told I was going into the War of Dark and Light, I couldn't help getting excited. My great grandfather had been in a war. He died. I looked at my red lantern. I was one of the most powerful Lanterns! My ring was crimson red, the color of rage! I loved hurting people. The people of my planet were afraid of me because I once killed two hundred people in less than an hour. They named me Fird the dangerous after that. I had six days before I met the ones I would kill. So until then I would train. My instructor's name was Qwrith the evil. People say that he killed his family after a man told him that they were a threat. After he saw what he had done, he got revenge on who told him. I guess I wasn't the only one with anger issues.