No fighting

23nd of April

After the incident with America to start the day New Zealand went over the Tasman to see Australia.
New Zealand stopped outside Australia's house, little tin box under his arm. He raised his hand and knocked. A few seconds later the door opened and there stood Australia. He was dressed in military uniform, poppy pinned to his shirt, just like New Zealand.
"New Zealand," he seemed somewhat surprised.
"Hello Australia, can I come in?" New Zealand asked. Australia nodded and got out of the way.
The two brothers walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. The silence stretched on and on.
"It's been almost 100 years," it was Australia who broke the silence.
"Yeah," New Zealand sat there thinking about the time they'd spent in the trenches. He looked up at the other country.
"No fighting on ANZAC day, ok?" He finally said. Australia nodded.
"We owe them that much," he said. New Zealand nodded in agreement and placed the box he'd been holding down.
"They're for you," Australia reached and opened them. Inside the little tin box was a batch of ANZAC biscuits. He reached in and picked one out. He took a bite and smiled.
"They're good mate," New Zealand nodded and stood up.
"I'd better get back, still need to finish the preparations, see ya round," with that he turned to leave.
"Hey New Zealand, we're still meeting at your place right?" New Zealand turned. Each year they took turns to meet at each other's places. This year was his turn.
"Yeah, same as always, see you in two days," with that he turned and began the trip back across the Tasman. New Zealand may not get along with his brother all the time, but this is the time that he realise that no matter how much they fight, Australia was there for him and New Zealand for him. Their forces fought, died and grieved side by side. They'll always celebrate this.
Lest We Forget.