four

jungkook went numb as he received the phone call. his body reacted on its own before his mind can register what the person on the other side had said.

he didn't even know how he got to the hospital and now was running towards the hospital emergency room.

"i'll be waiting, kookie"  taehyung's voice was ringing in his head. his heart aching and beating rapidly, thoughts running wild.

"jeon taehyung" he pants as he stands infront of the nurse's station, startling the nurse. "jeon taehyung. is he here?"

"jungkook" he whipped his head seeing taehyung's brother, jin, eyes red and puffy wearing his scrub suit.

"hyung" he instantly grabbed a hold of the other's arm, hands trembling.

"hyung, w-where's tae? the twins?"

"come quickly" jin replied as jungkook follows.

"tae.... isn't stable" jin quickly says. "the surgery will be risky both for tae and the baby" he murmurs glancing at the younger who was walking beside him, face shocked momentarily before his face went to worry as they approach the surgery area.

"daddy!" the twins instantly clung on to jungkook's legs, face wet as endless tears stream down their already tear stained faces.

jungkook couldn't stop the tears from falling as he hugged the twins. the younger, jaehyun wailing so much and clinged to him, wrapping his little arms around their father's neck, tears soaking his coat.

"shh, baby. i'm here" he comforts jaehyun who was crying uncontrollably holding onto his older brother's hand, the other now silently sniffing. he brushed his hands over jaehyun's cheeks, wiping his tears away.

"daddy...mummy's hurt.... " jaehyun wails in between hiccups.

jungkook heart aches as he tried to hush the younger twin. he also noticed a few bondages on the twins arms and small bruises all over.

how could he let this happen? to taehyung? to jonghyun and jaehyun?

"taehyung's in the operating room as we speak. he wanted to see you before proceeding." jin says.

"daddy will go check up on mummy and come back. okay?" jungkook says, brushing both the twins tear stained cheeks before quickly kissing the twins before following jin inside the operating room.

jin didn't say much as he instructed jungkook to quickly wear gear and they walked inside the room.

his heart felt heavy when he saw his taehyung lying on the surgery bed surrounded with all the equipments, eyes blinking slowly as he takes deep breaths.

taehyung turned his head slowly as if he felt jungkook's presence and gave a small smile, moving his arm a bit, reaching out his hand.

jungkook instantly walked over and gently takes ahold of his lovers hands.

"you're here..." taehyung softly murmurs before he hissed in pain.

he felt taehyung deeply exhale, closing his eyes momentarily, groaning as he feels the pain in his sides. jungkook looking at him worriedly.

"j-jin-hyung told me about... what might happen..." taehyung says, jungkook listening intently, his heart breaking realizing the situation.

"i- i can't wait for you to see our little princess." taehyung softly whispers, a small smile on his lips.

"we'll see our little princess together, my love" jungkook whispers, holding back his tears as he kisses the back of tae's palm.

"i'm sorry, taehyung. i'm so sorry..." jungkook whispers, as a tear rolled down.

taehyung sadly smiles and shook his head. "it's no one's fault, kookie. you're here now, that's all that matters."

"i should be the one to say sorry. i said i'd wait for you at home but..." he says with jungkook shaking his head.

"no, no." jungkook cuts him off with tear stained eyes. hands clutching on his.

"jungkook..." taehyung says as his hand slowly reached out to cup jungkook's tear stained face.

"please promise me you'll save our baby." he sternly says as tears starts to stream down his own cheeks.

"promise me she'll live and experience the beauty this world has to offer..." jungkook cries as he slowly shakes his head.

"she has to survive, kookie. promise me when the time comes you'll choose our daughter." taehyung says with a sad smile, tears continuously falling down.

jungkook slowly shakes his head as his hands holds onto taehyung's delicate ones cupping his face whispering a series of 'no'.

"you- you'll be okay, i don't have to choose... tae, i won't... please..." he pleads in between sobs.

"tell our little princess i'll be watching over her and to jonghyun and jaehyunnie as well. tell them i love them so much..."

"take care of our babies, kookie. you're already doing great." he says with a genuine smile, more tears rolling down his cheeks.

"except with the banana milk part." he mumbles with a chuckle.

"tae, love. don't, please" jungkook says as he looks at taehyung, tears flowing. "i can't, not without you... please..."

taehyung reaches out and connects their lips. he kissed jungkook tasting the sour taste of their tears.

he kissed him, with the last strength his body has to offer pouring all the love he has for him. he kissed him softly and sweetly before slowly pulling away, resting their foreheads together.

"you're strong, kookie. stronger than you know" he whispers as jungkook continues to cry, holding on to his hands tightly.

"keep your promise, jungkook"

"tae..." the taekook couple hear jin from behind.

"i love you, jungkook. this isn't goodbye. i'll see you again." taehyung says smiling sadly, before giving one last kiss to jungkook.

jungkook didn't want to let go. taehyung was crying as he let go of the other. jin leading jungkook out of the room.

he lies down, breathing heavily. uncontrollable tears flowing down his cheeks. he could already feel it. the pain was too much but he has to hold on for his daughter. just a bit more.

he smiles, closing his eyes as he mentally thanked his brother, jin for allowing him to see his love for one last time. his baby will be okay and he'll make sure of it.