2

I shuffle slightly in my place, still in the clutches of sleep. As I try to adjust myself, I get a jolt of realisation that I am no longer in the sweet constraints of my bed but in a wooden bench on which time has definitely taken its toll.

Light streams and filters through my eyelashes as I blink myself awake and I spring my head up with utter confusion.

As usual, I make up a scene from a black and white mystery.

The doe-eyed girl with a strict bun and a black dress with a slit bound to a rickety chair with the handsome guy with the cigar leaning next to her

He is trouble, she's a hurricane inside.

Though I can't enjoy my reverie for much longer because honestly, I wasn't in some abandoned warehouse but in my Physics classroom and there was no nefarious but misunderstood stranger, just the fans, tables, blackboard, experiments and proofs of scribble on the tables staring at me.

What am I doing in High School? Why am I dressed in clothes I wore once, that too on the first day of school. Not a single thing about my current situation was making sense.

My eyes dart around the room trying to scrounge even a small clue as to why I am in my High School literally a day after my graduation.

"Why so glum, darling?" I hear a smooth voice from behind me and almost throw myself out of my bench. I turn to see a girl sitting behind me.

Her face was something I could never describe. It was beyond words.

It was timeless, ethereal, fluid, she looked 17 but her eyes looked as if they had every secret of the world. The lines of her face are soft but there is malice in her smile.

She is mesmerizing yet I feel like shuffling away as far from her as I can and forget about her.

"I would close my mouth if I were you," she says in her rich voice as she coolly shifts her cascading ebony hair behind her ear and her flawless brown cheeks seem to catch the light around us.

Her words finally reach me and I close my mouth as I assume I start to blush.

"Curiosity is radiated around you, so ask away," she conveyed as a command. I had to gulp down before I started to shoot her down with questions.

Who was she? Why was I in the physics classroom? What was the time? Why am I back here? The list seems to never end.

"Woah Woah Woah, I didn't anticipate this many questions," she raised her hand in mock surrender "sorry I ever asked, I'll give the introduction myself."

"Yeah that would be better," I mumble out like a whisper. By now I am out of the haze of sleep and my mind has started its usual babble.

"I am, and I am sure you might know me, Hylia" she started.

"Hylia? I have never met anyone in my life named Hylia." I fumble out.

"I am not simply named Hylia, I am Hylia, goddess of the doors of time"

Okay, I don't know what charade she is playing at but I have no interest in playing games. My mind is already perplexed with my situation to deal with a lunatic.

A lunatic with style, I silently think as I observe her skinny black distressed jeans paired with a tight woollen sleeveless top and a leather jacket.

She looked ethereally lethal. She looked as if she might slit your throat then slide silently into a party.

"I don't believe you and I am certain we all don't want to waste our time. So if you will just tell me why I am here or why you brought me here we all can be at peace." I choose my words carefully and gauge her reaction to everything.

"I am afraid I am telling the truth," she says with a seamless attitude.

"Check the date on your phone and then maybe you'll listen to reason?" She proposes.

I look at my white jeans and see my phone in the front left pocket, where I always keep my phone. Another doubt as to why I am in this outfit springs into my head.

It's the date of my first day of senior year.

I let out a gasp and look up and see a sheen of mischief cover the girl's luminous brown eyes.

"I don't know what sort of a joke you are playing at but this is seriously not the time" I exclaim as my anger seems to get out of check. She just lazily smirks and rests her chin on her palm.

"Go out in the hallways then, scream for help, ask them if you can't trust me," she challenges.

I break eye contact and drift my eyes away from her black ones and onto the door.

Is she really gonna let me go? I hesitate for a moment but then out of sheer curiosity, I will my feet to trudge ahead as the door grown in my vision.

With a huff, I reach out for the door handle and twist it as it comes open with a click.

I feel like I was in a vacuum blanket before because suddenly the air is thick with talks by teenagers, loud, boisterous, cheerful and everything in between.

I can't even fathom the reason as to why I am afraid. It's just your old school, nothing to be remotely nervous about.

Though all the consolation I was trying to give myself vanished like my interest in Chemistry.

Because suddenly I am hit with Deja-vu....not deja-vu but it is memories because standing in front of me is everyone from my batch looking exactly the way they did on the first day of school and in front of me, leaning against a locker is Daniyal Amer.

::::

A/n: Another chapter up and updated I hope you liked it!

::::