5

7 days. It had been 7 days since I was unfatefully given a chance to help save a boy who had lost all hopes at being saved.

I feel ashamed to admit that the progress I made was next to nothing.

Any time I wanted to go over to his house to 'discuss the English project' aka, snoop in his room to piece together his past, he either turned me down or came over to my house.

I needed to act and I needed to act quick. To top it all off, Hylia was more useless than the g in lasagna.

Occasionally I'll see her in a class and all she'd do is mouth 'times-a-wasting' or other motivations and then just give me a red-lipped smirk. This whole ordeal was tiresome.

I'd ask Daniyal some question, he'll skillfully avoid it and that went on in a loop.

Right now, he's sitting right across me, his left leg bouncing, pen between his teeth, he rests a hand on his forehead as he surfs through the passage of Hamlet.

What could push him over the edge?

Life seemed so easy now. Except for the fact that I lost all my hard-earned notes (they were even colour-coded!), everything else fell into place.

The newspaper ran efficiently because I didn't have to spend any time thinking up articles or scrounging for any news.

My friendship was stronger than ever but I had to act surprised at a few things like her getting a new 'boyfriend' (they broke up after 2 days) or when she told me that Emerson dumped Lana, our friend.

I also knew the lyrics to all new songs even before they are released and I can add that to my awesome list of accomplishments.

All in all, I was thriving everywhere in life except when it came to where I currently should.

"I give up!" Daniyal snaps me back to reality by exclaiming out of nowhere.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"What is the point of this! Some dude wrote this and died way back, however, does this concern me?"

"That is exactly what we are supposed to write about Daniyal," I point out.

"I am still sick of this," he says, more like growls, and pouts cutely. His disgruntled expression is too adorable.

I would've laughed if not for the fact that I was equally mad because today was declared a holiday because of vandalism done by 'unknown juveniles' aka Carter the Creep and his goonies.

As my title for him suggests, Carter is a wannabe rebel. Reckless drinking, constant partying, drugs, bullying, etc. In short everything, he can do to piss off everybody in 1-mile distance. I have a particular dislike to him after he relentlessly hit on me last..err.. this year.

"Can we take a break?" Daniyal asks me and I feel like I should not say no to this. Last time, we had a similar discussion but I had forced him to stay. This time, the situation is a bit different.

"Wanna go somewhere?" I ask, my thoughts already formulating an idea.

"Well I have no plans today and I did all the homework on the weekend so I guess we can," he says after a contemplation.

Instead of answering, I just beam at him and move the books and notebooks off our laps. I tug his hand up and he follows me out the front door as I pocket my keys.

My silver Toyota is standing at its usual place and we both get in.

"Where are we going, though?" Daniyal finally asks after looking dazed for the past two minutes.

"Somewhere we can take our minds off of things," I answer in a vague way.

He might have realised I was not going to so the rest of the ride he settled into silence as I pull nearer to our destination.

We are leaving cemented buildings behind and the earlier sparse greenery now transitions to leafy trees and clear blue sky. The endless abyss of blue above me is only fractured by the white clouds and the golden sun.

I can't help but sigh at how beautiful everything is.

I spot the location and park my car in a corner then get out.

He looks around a bit confused but follows me outside.

We both walk further and I wish I could photograph the exact moment he saw what I was wanting to show him.

His hazel eyes widen with awe and his lips part a little.  

No matter how many times I might see this but I will never fail to be marvelled by the sight stretching in front of me.

We are on a cliff that rolls down to join a small hill and beyond that sits our town, looking barely more than a cluster of buildings in the bask of the sun's golden gaze.

"It's beautiful," he gasps and I agree with him.

We both settle down on the edge of the drop and dangle our feet as we take in the sight.

"The world is a beautiful place Daniyal," I mutter out when I think the time is right and he might listen.

His face looks like he wants to scoff but instead, he just nods.

"Look below us. The tiny specks of yellow, blue and green are the town we grew up in, the school we went in together, the park where you got the scar on your left hand," I look at him now, but he just stares at his palm.

"Can you feel the golden light weave between the leaves above and falling onto our faces? Can you hear the chirping of the cuckoo hidden somewhere safely in her nest, probably with a baby?"

He has now closed his eyes.

"Can you feel how the sun slowly goes back making a golden halo on everything that lays ahead of us?"

I have closed my eyes too.

"The thing is Daniyal, there is beauty in every little thing, we just need time to look for it," I can feel myself tearing up because I want to help him look for it. I don't want him to give up.

::::

A/n: I might have daily updates but our school started online so I can't be sure...

::::