2

quick before we start the chapter tw :
bipolar disorder mention
and self harm mention, possible abuse mention? sorta of like it's implied idk. if you're triggered by that. please don't read. mwah stay safe

--
Benji's POV

Jorge awkwardly went back to his room. Which left me alone with his parents. once again.
"Mrs. Garay, if you don't mind me asking. Why am I babysitting your son when he looks pretty old and responsible?" I bit my lip, nervous to approach the topic but curiosity won.
"Jorge is bipolar, he's been having a lot of depressive episodes lately, and constantly forgets to take his meds. We'd just really like someone to make sure our baby stays okay and doesn't end up harming himself again."

I suddenly felt a surge of sadness for this boy that I barely knew.
I will do anything in my power to make sure he stays okay. I wouldn't know how to deal with myself if I didn't.
"Thank you for telling me Mrs.Garay, anything else I should know?" I gave a weak smile. "Yes, Jorge's medicine he takes is Lithium, it's in the cabinet upstairs in the first bathroom. He also isn't that good at English. He prefers Spanish anyways. And your bedroom is up stairs across from Jorge's. There's a spare credit card for food, and such. Jorge knows how to use it, and that's all!"

I nodded and removed my shoes as I watched Mrs. Garay check her watch. "Oh my! We've got to hurry Marco. We'll miss our flight. God thank you so much Benji, you're such a lifesaver, sorry we can't give you that tour. Have a fun time! TE AMO JORGE MANTENTE SEGURO MI BEBÉ" (I love you jorge, stay safe my baby.)
And with that they hurried out the door.
-
I watched from the window as they pulled out of their fancy driveway and finally let go of a breath that I didn't even know I was holding.

Well time to get settled in I suppose. I brought my stuff upstairs and into the room that was supposed to be mine, then set it down on the floor next to my bed. The room was magnificent. Too good for me. I felt overwhelmed and quietly left it and went to Jorge's room. I knocked on the door, and heard the mxmtoon song that was playing become quieter and then a second later the door opening.
"hello" he said in English, and I felt myself blushing because of how cute I found it. Which is really gay of me. But isn't accurate because i'm NOT gay. So...my brain should cut it out. Although his lips, they looked so soft. And up close you could see his pretty eyes and.
God damn.

He's the prettiest boy i've ever seen. I heard him embarrassingly clear his throat, and I realized I was staring.
"Fuck" I said aloud, and then winced; watching as he raised a brow. "Wait no, sorry didn't mean to say that, that was supposed to stay in my head, uhm hi. Can I, come in?"
Jorge laughed stiffly and nodded then moved back into his room and sat on his bed.
I came inside and took note of how his room represented him so much, it was cute. It also brought another stupid smile to my face. I glanced around his room, walking and looking at his stuff hoping he didn't mind. When I looked at him, he didn't seem to, just turned his music back up again and laid on his bed. "Does anyone call you Jeyjey?" I asked.
"No"
"Can i?"
"No"
I turned and looked at him, a small smirk on his face as he stared at his ceiling. "Great, sounds good jeyjey" I teased, knowing I would definitely be calling him that.
I walked over to near his bed and sat down next to his feet. It was awkward, I barely knew him.
But every atom in me begged to.
"Jeyjey, your mom told me about your...stuff. I don't know if you want to talk about it, but I'm here, and I care, if that's worth anything and yeah."
Jorge sat up and looked at me. I felt uncomfortable under his stare, it felt very cold. I knew I had to get him to warm up to me.
I just wasn't sure how yet.
"I'm going to make dinner. If you need me I'll be downstairs"
I paused for a second, and looked at Jey. We had our little moment but it was clearly over now.

I went downstairs and looked around the house. Picture frames of baby Jorge were everywhere. It made me smile. He looked like such a happy kid.
Entering the kitchen, I immediately took note of how big it was. Like, unnecessarily big. I chuckled and went towards the fridge. I saw a little note from JeyJey in Spanish. I assumed it was old, but he was asking about getting Taco Bell. That's perfect, I'll make him tacos! I looked around the kitchen and grabbed everything I would need then got to work.
I hope he likes it.
I don't know what I'll do if he doesn't.

timeskip.
---
3rd person pov

Benji set the table for both of them. Then called for the younger boy. "jeyjey ven a cenar" (Come to dinner.) Benji sat down after calling to Jeyjey, scrolling through his phone while he waited for the other. Once five minutes passed, Benji realized sort of sadly, he wasn't coming down. The plate of food was beginning to get cold, so he brought it up. He knocked once and then came into the room.

Jeyjey laid fast asleep. Benji smiled a genuine smile to himself. He didn't want to wake him, he looked too peaceful. Then it changed, Jey started to shake and cry in his semi-awake sleep, he was mumbling things and it scared Benji; the things he was saying. Benji quickly set the plate down on the boys dresser and gently shook the boy.
Bad idea.

Jeyjey started yelling, "¡NO, NO ME TOQUE POR FAVOR NO!"
Benji couldn't tell what was going on in the dream, but he HAD to wake up Jeyjey.
"jeyjey please, please wake up, it's okay, wake up please" Benji begged. Then suddenly Jeyjey woke up and became even more scared and confused.
Benji engulfed him in a hug as JeyJey sobbed, he felt the smaller boy go limp at his touch, caving in and not acting as stiff as before. Benji pulled Jorge into his lap and began to play with his hair, while his cries quieted down. He began singing a lullaby from his own childhood.
"Duérmete mi niño, duérmete mi amor
duérmete pedazo de mi corazón."
Jeyjey hummed sadly along as the cries died down. It made Benji smile.
"Este niño mío que nació de noche
quiere que lo lleve a pasear en coche."

Benji stopped singing after that but continued to play with the boys hair. He forgot about his girlfriend. About how Jeyjey was practically a stranger. About his alcoholic dad. About literally anything else.
Jeyjey was all he could see.
All he cared about right now.

The moment soon ended like they always seem to do with Jeyjey; as quickly as they started. He awkwardly coughed then shifted out of Benji's lap. "gracias por despertarme" (thanks for waking me up.) Jorge mumbled.
"no hay problema jeyjey. ¿estas bien? que paso amor." (no problem jeyjey. you're good? what happened love.) Benji let the pet name slip out on accident, but Jorge didn't seem to really care.

"una pesadilla, eso es todo." (a nightmare, that's all.)
Benji knew that he was lying. It was more than a nightmare, and Benji knew it. But he wouldn't press.

He shouldn't, Benji knew better. Pressing got him nowhere. He learned that the hard way.
"Dinner is right there, eat up. It's getting late, I think I'm going to head to bed. Goodnight Jeyjey."
Benji said then walked out of the room. Leaving a slightly different jeyjey than before, stuck in his room, staring at his dinner, confused why such a boy like Benji, cared.

-
a/n
word count : 1404 <3
im on a roll today, two chapters woo!
m sure not many ppl r gonna read this so that's dope but i'm still tryna give it my best. :) so yeah
anyways bye
i'll prob have another chapter up later bahaha.