006

The Vents

The Vents

Silver sat in the back room looking at the floor. Her left eye twitched and she looked up when someone walked into the room. It was Steve and he was holding her favourite flavour of ice cream, chocolate.

"I just wanted to say I'm very sorry about yesterday" He said walking over to her. He sat down opposite her. "And that I was a total dick and also thanks for saving us" He handed her the ice cream in which she took with a small smile. 

"I forgive you, Steve" She said smiling at him. "And I'm sorry for acting like a little brat" 

"Brat?" Steve asked. "You were never a brat" 

She shrugged and licked her ice cream. "Hopper uses the word all the time when he gets pissed off with me and El" 

"I'm happy that you've forgiven me" Steve said winking. "Now we can have makeup sex" 

She sat on his lap. "Later, okay" She did kiss him though. Steve sighed and ran his fingers through her hair as they deepened the kiss.

"Jesus Christ, get a room!" Dustin exclaimed and he and Robin piled in. 

Silver groaned but jumped off her boyfriend's lap. She sat across from him and put her feet on his lap. 

"How did it go?" Silver asked the two. 

Dustin sighed. "We've encountered some difficulties" He said sitting down next to them. "We're screwed, the door only opens with a key card and unfortunately the guards with the key cards have like massive guns" 

"But there's got to be a way in" Robin said half heartedly. 

Steve nodded his head. "You know" He began leaning in and resting his elbows on the table. "I could always take him out" 

"Take who out?" Robin asked cocking her head, trying not to smile. 

"The Russian Guard" Steve said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "What? I just sneak up behind him, knock him out and take his key card, it's easy" 

Dustin coughed. "Did you not hear the part about this massive gun?" 

"That's why I would be sneaking" Steve said walking two fingers up the table to act as if they were sneaking. 

"And also I don't remember the time you actually won a fight" Silver commented. 

Steve glared at her. "That was one time" 

"Twice, remember Johnathan?" 

"Oh yeah, I remember that" Silver smiled recounting the time Johnathan totally blitzed Steve's face. "Did you know I hated you at that point in time?" 

"Yeah, I try not to remember that" Steve said folding his arms.

 Silver smiled and rolled her eyes. She looked up at the ceiling and something caught her eye. It was an opening for a vent on the high part of the wall. She remembered the times in the lab where she would hide in the vents when things got bad. It was also a good transport system. She only did this a few times before she got caught. 

"The vents" She said softly. 

Steve looked at her. "What about them" 

"When I was younger I used to hide in them, I was a lot smaller though" She said looking at the floor. She remembered the bright lights, the blood and the screams. She shuddered. 

"Don't hide in the vents, girl, that's where the monsters live" One of her guards used to say as he held up a whip. 

Silver wiped her eyes from any loose tears and sniffed. She shook her head and sighed. 

"That might just work" Robin said jumping from her seat and walking out of the room. "Silver, you're a genius" 

The blonde proceeded to run out of the shop with a handful of cash she grabbed from the tips jar. "Where are you going? Half of that's mine" Steve exclaimed. 

Robin turned around. "I'm going out, in the meantime sling ice creams, don't get beat up and no sexual activities of any kind while I'm gone" 

Silver scoffed at her last comment. "Trust me, I would never do that in there" 

"I still have no idea what she's doing" Dustin said licking a scooper which had reminants of ice cream still on it. 

"Dude! Not my scooper" Steve said snatching the scooper away from the boy and putting it back in his sling. 

* * *

"Guess what 20 bucks can get you at the County Recorder's Office?" Robin asked as she strolled back into the parlour holding too large sheets. 

They all went into the back room where she lay the sheets on the table. They all looked at what they thought was some sort of map. 

"I'm guessing you didn't buy us lunch of your travels" Silver said sitting down on a chair disappointingly. 

"No, I'm sorry Silver" Robin said running her hands over the map. "These are the blueprints to the Star Court mall" 

"Blueprints?" Silver asked. 

Steve shook his head. "Trust me, I still have no idea why they are called that" 

"So this is us, Scoops" Robin said drawing a circle around a block on the map. "And this is where we need to get" She said drawing a line from the block to another block in which Silver assumed was the loading docks. 

"I don't see a way in" Steve said studying the map. 

Robin looked at him. "That's if you're talking about doors" She explained and placed another sheet of paper on top of the last one which was way more detailed. "Air ducts or" She nodded towards Silver. "Vents"

Soon enough Steve was standing on top of a chair and pointing a flashlight into the open vent in the room. "Yeah I don't know man" He told Dustin who volunteered himself in crawling through the vents to the docks. "I don't think you'll fit, it's way to tight" 

"I'll fit, trust me" Dustin said as Steve got off the chair. "No collar bones, remember?" 

Robin raised an eyebrow at his statement as Dustin climbed on top of the chair. "Oh yeah" Steve commented. "he's got some disease, chrydo...something. Anyway, he bends like Gumbo" 

"I think it's Gumby" Robin corrected. 

Steve shook his head. "No, I'm pretty sure it's Gumbo" 

"Steve!" Dustin shouted. "Shut up and push me" 

That lead to the hilarious events of Steve trying to shove the boy into the vent. "Touch my butt, I don't care" Dustin said and Steve pushed him in but he wouldn't go in any further. 

"Okay guys!" Silver yelled. "I don't think it's going to work" 

"You got any better ideas?" Steve asked as he pulled a very stuck Dustin out of the vents. 

They were interrupted by the customer bell ringing a million times. They turned their heads and saw a very annoyed Erica Sinclair standing by the counter. 

"Yeah" Silver said. "I think I do have a better idea" 

* * *

Hey everybody! I'm so sorry this has been so long. Anyway I hope you enjoy this chapter and I want to also thank you guys for getting me to 150k reads. One of my closest friends has also made an edit of Steve and Silver that you guys should check out, just click the link below. If you want any edits done just go to aroha_edits2020 on Instagram. 

https://v.vinkle.tv/v/3k6QlN