Don't Be Afraid To Love

Maggie's Pov

The rain was pouring and I stood in front of my partner Bartholomew Adams my hair was soaked through and so were my clothes. I wiped the tears from my eyes with my sleeve I honestly can't believe what had happened I still can't believe we stopped a decade old crime I looked down at the body of the man who had tried to kill me. He was the one who started those murders and now we had to stop his great- great-grandson whoever he may be in our present time but it was over for now at least. Bart looked at me with a tearful expression he was angry that I went at this alone but I didn't understand why, why he would go to all this trouble I mean yeah we were cops but he didn't have to save me it's not in the job description. 

"Bart I owe you my life but why- why go to all this trouble just to save me I'm not important". 

"You are important Maggie you did those women a huge favor because you saved them". 

"Bart thank you but you could've been killed saving my ass- "Because I Love You Damn It!" he snapped cutting me off. I was taken back by this no one had ever said those words to me in such a manner no one has ever risked their life to save mine and yet he did. I could see tears in his eyes. 

"Maggie you can't be afraid to love someone just because your father never did! I Love You! You are not worthless! You are anything but that! You are important! You are so beautiful it makes my eyes hurt! You are so strong and yet you've come out of so much pain!" a tear rolled down his cheek. "I know you don't think you deserve love but Maggie you of all people should know you do! You are so independent and badass! Heck the Criminals are even afraid of your name!" 

"What I'm saying is that Maggie Carmikle I love you! I saved you because I couldn't stand to live with out you! So go a head reject me and continue feeling sorry for yourself-" I cut him off my grabbing his face and pressing it to mine. Our lips made contact and salty tears rolled down my cheeks we stood there kissing in the pouring rain over a dead guy and it couldn't be more perfect. 

"I love you too Bartholomew Adams I said pulling back "and I do trust you thank you for everything". I bit my lip and we separated. "Now let's get out of this Hellish time line and kick some ass".