Chapter 8 | Small, Delicate, White Lines

I grabbed his wrist stopping him from leaving, but what I didn’t expect was the rough skin that I felt on the inner part of his wrist. I was just about to move to pull up Jungkook’s sleeve, to get a better look at his wrist when he ripped it from my grip. He cradled it to his chest looking at me in alarm, giving me all the information I needed.

“Jungkook,” I said calmly, trying not to alarm the boy. Kook looked like a deer in the headlights, “Let me see your wrist.”

“No,” He said, taking a step backward bumping into Jin. Jin quickly wrapped his arms around the younger’s waist trapping him in place. Together, Yoongi and I worked to get his backpack off along with his camera bag. 

I handed them to Taehyung as Jimin said, “Jungkook, please we just want to help you.” And that was the truth. All we wanted to do was help the boy.

“I don’t need your help,” he said, fighting to get out of Jin’s hold along with trying to keep me and Yoongi from gaining access to his wrists. 

“Stop!” Jungkook yelled, “Don’t-don’t, touch me!” prompting me to look at his face which was marred with multiple emotions at the same time: distress, hurt, panic, fear. But then I followed his eyes to his left wrist, which was encased by Yoongi.

It broke my heart to see it. Yoongi had gotten Jungkook’s sleeve pushed up to his elbow, his arm turned over to show his inner forearm. It was painted in small, delicate, white lines, all the way from Jungkook’s wrist, to the crook of his elbow.