Chapter 11 | Black and White Polaroids

Jungkook's apartment is surprisingly colorful compared to the bland clothing we've been seeing the boy wearing. When I walked in, I was stunned by the bright view of the Seoul skyline through his windows. There was a couch that faced a wall. The wall was painted a pale but still vibrant yellow and had a flat-screen TV with an entertainment system underneath it. Opposite of that wall, on the other side of the couch, is another wall with the same shade of yellow, but this wall is filled with black and white pictures that are hung on the wall.

The kitchen had blinding black cabinetry. The backsplash is a herringbone pattern of the reappearing yellow and a faint grey that compliments each other quite nicely. The countertops are white quartz that would sparkle in the morning when the sun shines through the windows from ricocheting off the neighboring buildings. The kitchen has an island with the same theming. There are three black stools that sit against it, all have a matching pleated yellow cushion on top of them.

Off the kitchen leads a door to Jungkook's bedroom. The bedroom is surprisingly covered in black walls except for the accent wall that sits beyond the headboard that is the same pale yellow that has already been placed in multiple locations throughout the apartment. The single exterior wall is once again covered in floor-to-ceiling windows revealing the skyline of Seoul. The bed frame is a wooden one that is stained a deep midnight black. The duvet and pillows are multiple shades of yellow and grey with a single teal one that is in the middle of the mound of pillows. On the side table sits what looks like to be a highly expensive camera.

There is a corner of the room that is occupied by a computer and is surrounded by multitudes of charging cords. Most of which are connected to batteries for the cameras that the boy owns. There are three doors; one that leads to the kitchen/living room area, another that leads to the walk-in closet that is filled with black clothing, and the third leads to the only bathroom in the whole apartment. The bathroom was created with the same color scheme of that of the whole apartment, the repeating black, grey, and yellow.

The pictures in the main room on the yellow wall, range from Jungkook's high school graduation to him winning various art awards, but the one that sticks out the most from the rest is the pictures of seven boys. There are a few of these pictures scattered throughout the collection. In between, there are hundreds of aesthetically pleasing black and white polaroids thumbtacked to the wall with black push pins. Every picture has the date it was taken written below in a delicate black scrawl.

"Kook, these photos are beautiful," I said as we all stand around the wall looking at the multitude of photos that cover it.

"Thank you, Jin," the boy says nervously.

"Why do I feel like I've seen some of these pictures before?" Yoongi questioned where he was holding hands with Namjoon.

"Same," Jimin said from the place where he and Taehyung had perched themselves on the back of the couch, "especially that one." I look back to see that Jimin is pointing at one of the prints of a beach. Now that I look at it, the photo does seem similar to the ones I've seen on Golden Closet before.

I pulled out my phone, loaded the Golden Closet website, and scrolled until I found the exact photo that hung on Jungkook's wall. I scrolled to the next photo on my phone and was surprised to see that it was tacked up on the wall in a polaroid in the opposite corner, the date on the bottom matched the date it was posted on Golden Closet. As I continued to scroll on my phone, I noticed this with a lot of the photos.

I look around for Jungkook to question the young boy on this coincidence, but I'm surprised to see that the boy has disappeared. It was at that time my phone buzzed in my hand, notifying me that a new photo had been posted onto Golden Closet. I refreshed the page to see the new photo was one of a grasshopper perched on a blade of grass. As I was looking at my phone, I failed to notice that Jungkook had reentered the main room and pinned an identical picture to that of my phone on the wall.

"Kook," Hoseok said looking from my phone to the picture the boy had just hung, "Do you run Golden Closet?"