CHAPTER 24 - The Final Hoorah

Few weeks after Thanksgiving, Chase and his friends go out for lunch in one of Bradley's five star restaurants, "Walker's Bistro". "So Chase, who's it gonna be?" Trip asked. "This is too hard for me to pick." Chase retorted.

"C'mon! I'm sure by now, you already know who to pick!" Jeff said. "Sorry I'm late, gentlemen I had to drop off Theo in school." Bradley said as he joined in. "Is it gonna be me? Jeff? Or Bradley?" Trip teased.

"I didn't wanna choose because all of you are my best friends but I gotta say, he's been my best friend since high school." Chase teased.

"Ooooohhhhhh!!" Trip, Bradley and Jeff reacted. "Jeff, will you be my best man?" Chase asked and stood up.

"Of course, man!" Jeff said excitedly and stood up to hug Chase. Then everyone stood up, "To Chase!" Trip said and raised his glass of wine. "To Chase!" Bradley, Trip and Jeff said in unison and they all clanked their glasses.

They all sit back down, "Who would've thought I'd be the last one to get married out of the four of us?" Chase joked. "I thought this guy," points to Bradley, "would never get married." He added and everyone laughed.

"I thought Jeff wouldn't get married and curl up in his lab or something." Trip joked and they laugh. "I thought I wouldn't get married!" Bradley chimed in. "It's a given!" Jeff said with a laugh. "But at least, you're finally getting what you've always wanted, buddy." Jeff said to Chase. "Yeah, man." Chase replied and drank his wine.

So after they had lunch Trip had to go and spend time with his wife while Bradley had some other meetings to go to. Chase and Jeff went to the park where they sat in one of the benches and marveled the view.

"So are you ready?" Jeff asked. "What do you mean?" Chase asked. "Ready to get married to Allie..." Jeff said. "Oh. I'm so ready, Jeff. I've been waiting for this for more than ten years." Chase assured. "Are you worried?" Jeff asked.

"Worried? Jeff, worry is the interest paid in advance on a debt you may never owe." Chase answered and Jeff laughs.

"Okay, maybe worried isn't the correct term. I think nervous is the most appropriate. Are you nervous?" Jeff asked with a laugh as he fixes his tie.

"No, because I can't wait to get married to Allie. She's worth it, she's the one - she always was. I was just so clouded in my anger that I stopped fighting for her, for us, but look where it has gotten us now? I learned that often times the greatest rejection comes our greatest direction." Chase said.

"It's like when I look at her, I feel that we were made for each other - a perfect fit. She makes my laugh a little louder, my smile a little brighter and my life a little better. She's definitely worth the wait, Jeff." He added.

"Man, I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with her." He continued.

"That's good to hear, man." Jeff said and smiled at Chase. "It's about damn time for you to be happy, Chase." Jeff said. "Life has taken too much out of me and I thank life for getting me here." Chase said. "Good talk, man." Jeff replied. "Yeah, man." Chase said.

"Allie!" Amelia yelled excitedly as she is reunited once again with her dearly beloved cousin. "Omg! Amelia!" Allie exclaimed as she hugs her. "Thank God you got here on time." Allie said. "As maid of honor, it is my job to always be by your side!" Amelia said as they go into the Vera Wang bridal shop. "Let's go try on my dress!" Allie said excitedly.

Then they go into the bridal shop and get settled into the dressing rooms. Allie tries on her dress and it's beautiful. A perfect fit and magical on her.