𝐝𝐨𝐬

L I A R

L I A R.
──── act 1, scene 2.

"WHAT ABOUT THE party? Do you remember going to the party with them?"

Inés lifted her head from resting on the table. "What party?"

"Marina's debutante ball. You were invited, weren't you?" The inspector asked.

"Yes." Inés scoffed. She began to grow scared her short answers were growing repetitive and she swallowed harshly. She didn't realise how dry her throat had become, but if she tried to delay the questioning, she could pen even more guilt onto her.

"Would you say the party had a significant effect on the last four months of Marina's life?"

Inés laughed drily and nodded. "Yes." She bit down hard on her lip by means to suppress her urge to tell the inspector everything, every detail about the lead up to Marina's death. But that wouldn't do her or her friends any good.

"Why is that?" The inspector's tone still refused to waiver, and the teenager began to question whether she knew the truth. For all Inés knew, they could have a confession from someone condemning her as the murderer and they were just waiting for her to crack.

She took a deep breath and exhaled for as long as she could in an attempt to calm her racing heart beat.

"It was the day we first met Nano."

──── F O U R MONTHS EARLIER

A STAGGERING APPLAUSE rang out through the Nunier household as Inés Almero played the final notes of the Mozart sonata Marina's parents had requested her to perform

A STAGGERING APPLAUSE rang out through the Nunier household as Inés Almero played the final notes of the Mozart sonata Marina's parents had requested her to perform. She curtsied modestly as her own parents came to her left side and the debutante's to the right. She smiled as the camera flashed, Luis encompassing her in a warm hug.

"Bien hecho." He smiled as he congratulated her quickly before spinning around to consult with Ventura about where the photo of the 5 could be published.