𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐳

L I A R

L I A R .
act 1, scene 10.

"INSPECTORA?" A DEPUTY working at the police office knocked lightly on the door before entering, catching only the attention of the woman he was asking for. Inés was too focused on making sure she didn't let any details slip to even notice the small conversation they had, as her eyes stayed trained on the table before her.

"Miss Almero?" Only at the mention of her name did Inés look back up, "I'll be back in a moment. One of your friends needs to speak to me."

Inés nodded slowly, knowing inside that the mention of the people closest to her was deliberate.

Once the door to the interrogation room had slammed shut, Inés' head fell to her hands. She couldn't contain the tears waiting to spill from her eyes anymore, so since she was finally free of company - she let them all out.

She was sure everyone outside could hear her, but she wanted them to know. They needed to know that the Inspector was breaking her. They needed to know they were only a matter of minutes away from being found out.

──── T W O MONTHS EARLIER

THE RAGE THAT filled Inés' body was unparalleled by any emotion she had ever felt before

THE RAGE THAT filled Inés' body was unparalleled by any emotion she had ever felt before. The halls of Las Encinas had never seen someone so angry before, even after baring witness to countless of Lu's tantrums.

"Guzmán!" She called as she stormed her way to where her friends were eating their lunch. Samu followed after her like a lost puppy, scampering behind at a fair distance and pulling Marina along too when they passed.

"Inés? Qué pasa?" The blonde boy replied as he rose to his feet. He, like everyone in the school but Samuel, was unsure as to why she was so angry, seeing as only a short while ago she was comforting him about his father's arrest.

"It's all your family's fault! They've had it out for him since the beginning!" Inés yelled. Carla quickly rushed her side to calm her down, wearing the same worried face as Guzmán. Inés flinched at the girl's contact, but relaxed when she knew her friend was looking out for her.