𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

⚯͛

       Seven minutes and twenty eight seconds. That's how long it took for death to claim their souls as his.

Seven minutes and twenty eight seconds. That's how long Michael and little Eleanor Ives were stuck in the wreckage of their car before they both took their final breath.

Seven minutes and twenty eight seconds. That's how long it took before a family of four turned into a family of two.

Laura Ives regretted agreeing to her little daughter's demands of wanting to have Chinese takeout for dinner. She regretted not stopping her husband and Eleanor from going out in that horrible storm. Maybe if she had insisted on making them a home cooked meal they would still be safe and sound. Maybe if she persuaded them to change their minds she would still have her husband and child standing in front of her. Maybe if she had done something to stop them from leaving Cora would still have her dad and sister in her life, alive and breathing.

Cora Ives grew up believing in fairytales and happy endings, in good and evil, in heroes and villains. The twelve year old fully believed that as long as one was good and kind nothing would ever harm them. She failed to realise the truth, she failed to accept the fact that life isn't always kind.

Bad things happen to good people, that's just the way life works. Maybe if Cora knew that she wouldn't have been as shocked when the NYPD showed up at the Ives' front door. Maybe if Cora knew that she wouldn't have been as heartbroken to see her mother break down in front of her. Maybe if Cora knew that her heart wouldn't have ached as much as it did when she heard the words leave her mother's lips.

"Honey, they're gone. Daddy and El are gone."

Author's Note:

Hey everyone! I'm currently rewriting this story as I wasn't happy with the way I had written it before (even though I had only written eight chapters lmao). If you come across any comments that make no sense whatsoever that's probably the reason lol.

I'm really excited to write this as I completely adore the plot. I think that I went into the plot too quickly before, so if you had read any of my previous chapters you probably already know some things that new readers do not, so please NO SPOILERS! Please let me know what you think of this so far, I'd love to hear your thoughts. <3