𝕿𝖜𝖔

❝ᴏʜ, ʜᴏᴍᴇ, ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ

ʜᴏᴍᴇ ɪꜱ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ɪ'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ❞

⚯͛

There were many different situations Cora thought she might find herself in when she awoke the next morning. Cold and shivering was one of them, covered in bird droppings might be another. But never in a million years did she expect to find herself laying on a bench at King's Cross Station.

Yes, Cora does believe in miracles, but experiencing them is an entirely different thing. People often dream, but rarely do these dreams ever turn into realities. Maybe if life worked that way, many people would be much happier, but unfortunately that isn't the case.

Cora longed for this for as long as she could remember. The dream of someday finding herself in the Wizarding World had always loomed over her like a forbidden fruit that hung on a tall tree, far out of her reach. But now that the forbidden fruit was in between her hands, now that she had finally taken her first bite, she was overcome with a whole herd of emotions.

She stood up quickly, a panicked feeling in her chest. Her body was still clad in the grey sweatpants and tank top from the night before, and her feet covered in nothing but a pair of fuzzy socks. Her eyes were quick to glaze over as she took everything in, completely in awe of her surroundings. One of her hands drifted to the skin of her wrist, giving it a hard pinch. When she felt the stinging pain, she couldn't help the gasp of shock that escaped her lips.

A luggage trolley was parked next to the bench she had previously found herself upon. A big brown trunk sat on top of the trolley, and an envelope that was made of what appeared to be a yellowish parchment sat on top of that. Cora walked over to the trunk, her hands shaking slightly, and her heart beating more rapidly by the second.

She looked around slightly, noticing the disapproving looks people gave her as they walked by. Her lack of shoes was the least of her concern as she turned her attention back to the letter in front of her. With shaky hands, she picked up the letter, her heart skipping a beat when she saw that it was addressed to her.

Miss C. Ives
The bench across platfrom 9
King's Cross Station
London

When she glimpsed the wax seal bearing the Hogwarts crest, her heart soared with immeasurable joy. She is really here. This is real. She's going home.

Cora didn't hesitate as she tore open the letter hastily, a wide smile gracing her lips. To her surprise, it wasn't a Hogwarts acceptance letter.

Dear Miss Ives,

I hope this letter finds you well. In case you may be wondering, today is September 1st 1994. In the trunk you will find all the essential equipment that you will need this school year (including a wand that I believe will serve you well), along with all your personal belongings. I have also included a bag of money for your personal use. In case you find yourself needing more, you will find the key to your Gringotts vault in the trunk as well. The Hogwarts Express will depart from platform 9 3/4 at precisely 11 o'clock.

I believe you know how the future will play out, and so I kindly request that you try your best to help prevent as many innocent deaths as possible. I request of you to act as a transfer student from Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, as to avoid any suspicion. Upon arriving at Hogsmeade Station please follow the rest of the students to the school carriages. Once you arrive at the castle please follow Professor McGonagall and the first years in order for you to be sorted into your Hogwarts house.