Chapter 25

*mentions of abuse and stalking*

The next day, Uila was certainly much better. She was changing for the Gym Challenge in the final gym. When she exited, a man told her that Raihan would be waiting in the vault. She returned Lucario and made her way over to the Vault, having been there enough to know where exactly she was going. Uila pushed open the door to find Raihan along with 3 trainers standing there.

Raihan had to remind himself to stay professional in the Gym Challenge and Battle, as it wouldn't be fair otherwise. "Hello Challenger 06, I'm Raihan, the last, and strongest Gym Leader. My battles are a little bit different than others, we use a double-battle format, so make sure to prepare your team accordingly." Uila nodded. "Now, you'll be battling against my trainers first, but don't take them lightly, I trained them up myself." She nodded. "Whenever you are ready."

She grabbed two pokeballs trustingly, seeing as it was a Dragon-Type Gym, she would want to use her pokemon effectively, meaning she would need to think smart and use unfamiliar pokemon against Raihan. She nodded, happy with her decision and sent out her two. "Let's go Altaria, Gardevoir!" Raihan paused, he hadn't seen these pokemon from her before. He sighed and knew their battle was going to be quick and painful, for him at least.

The trainer sent out her two pokemon, Noivern and Drakloak. "Altaria, Dragon Dance, Gardevoir, use Moonbeam on Drakloak." The two pokemon followed instructions, Drakloak getting severely weakened. "Altaria, Dragon Dance again, Gardevoir, Dazzling Gleam to hold off Noivern and Drakloak. Whenever you are ready Altaria, Dragon Pulse." Drakloak fainted due to the combined moves of Gardevoir and Altaria, and Noivern was severely weakened. "Gardevoir, use psychic to hold it in place. Altaria, finish it with Ice Beam." After healing her pokemon she proceeded to snipe the other two trainers as well, leaving her well on her way to her Gym Battle. Raihan nodded. "I'll see you in the stadium, I look forward to our battle."

She made her way back to the stadium, switching two pokemon forward, Garchomp and Greninja. She relaxed and walked onto the pitch, stopping right in front of Raihan. "I can't say I am surprised that you made it this far, but here is where I'll be sure to stop you." Uila grinned. "Hmm, we'll see about that." They turn and walk to their respective spots and send out their first pokemon. "Let's go Flygon, Gigalith!" "Let's show our power Garchomp, Greninja!"

"Begin!" "Garchomp, Dragon Claw followed by Dragon Tail on Flygon. Greninja, water shuriken on Gigalith." "Flygon into the air then follow with Dragon Claw. Gigalith uses Stone Edge." "Garchomp, grab Flygons DRagon Claw with your own, then use Dragon Pulse." Raihan paled slightly. "Flygon stop!" It was too late, and the close-range dragon pulse hit, effectively one-shotting Flygon. "Now, help Greninja with Gigalith by using Dragon Rush!" Both pokemon were taken out and Raihan grimaced. Painful Indeed.

"Come on Sandaconda, Duraludon!" "Same attacks you two, but focus on Sandaconda." "Sandaconda, dig, Durlaudon, Metal Spikes." Uila Paused. "Greninja, use your sensory abilities to Detect Sandaconda, then grab Garchomp and dodge." After a moment, Greninja grabbed Garchomp to dodge. "Now Water Shuriken and Dragon Tail." Both attacks hit Sandaconda while it was in the air, effectively knocking it out. Raihan sighed. "I knew it would come to this, but I didn't think it would be so quick. Come on Duraludon, it's Dynamax time!" The giant pokemon roared loudly. Uila grinned. "You ready Garchomp?" "Gar!" "It's time to show the world how far our bond goes, beyond the ties of Evolution. Mega Evolve!" The crowd roared excitedly as Garchomp was surrounded in a bright light. "Duraludon, Max Depletion on Greninja." "Dodge it Greninja!" The Ninja pokemon couldn't move out of the way, and got it's legs hit by the giant move, leaving it severely injured. Uila returned him, pressing her forehead against the pokeball in thanks, before sending out her other ace.

"Come on Kandi! Let's show our power!" The Alolan Ninetales landed on the ground Majestically. "You ready?" "Nine!" "Perfect! Ice Beam! Garchomp, Draco Meteor!"Both attacks landed head on, dealing significant damage. "Kandi, Charge up Freeze Shock. Garchomp, grab Kandi and Dodge his attack." "G-Max depletion." The two pokemon Skidded to a stop just outside of the moves range. "Now Kandi! Garchomp use Dragon Pulse once more!" The two attacks melded together, and the Giant target couldn't move enough to dodge. The large Steel/Dragon-Type pokemon shrunk before fainting, the damage more than it could handle. The ref called the win to Uila's side and she watched as Raihan pouted slightly, before walking forward. Garchomp devolved and Kandi padded next to her trainer smoothly.